Concierge vs sky suite

pitchersmom02

We are going to Bermuda on Summit and am thinking of upgrading to either CC or sky suite.

What are the differences between the 2 ?

Have had a suite on HAL and Carnival, HAL had a lot of extra's with it, Carnival just extra space which was not bad, but wondering about the extra's on Celebrity

Does anyone have experience with either both any insight would be wonderful

Thanks

Nancy

We are going to Bermuda on Summit and am thinking of upgrading to either CC or sky suite.

What are the differences between the 2 ?

Have had a suite on HAL and Carnival, HAL had a lot of extra's with it, Carnival just extra space which was not bad, but wondering about the extra's on Celebrity

Does anyone have experience with either both any insight would be wonderful

Thanks

Nancy

We just returned from the Summit on Sunday. We were in a Sky Suite. Although I have not completed our review, we did have some issues with service in general. However, our butler (which comes in a sky suite, but not in the CC suite), MADE the cruise for us. He was awesome. There were times when someone on the ship would tell me that something was not possible, and Jonathan would make it happy. We had a brief talk with him about what we enjoy about cruising and from that day forward he anticipated our needs and helped with every situation. My perception of Celebrity is now based upon the outstanding service that we received from Jonathan. I hope this helps! I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

We always book Jr. suites on RC and sky suites on Celebrity. We booked a CC on a med cruise because sky were sold out. I felt it to small for a long cruise, and although we had a great steward, I do not think it is worth the extra$$ We had our canapes changed to something we liked each day.

We just really like the extra space in the cabins in the suites. Also on celebrity you do get extra perks being in a suite!!!:p:p

We just returned from the Summit on Sunday. We were in a Sky Suite. Although I have not completed our review, we did have some issues with service in general. However, our butler (which comes in a sky suite, but not in the CC suite), MADE the cruise for us. He was awesome. There were times when someone on the ship would tell me that something was not possible, and Jonathan would make it happy. We had a brief talk with him about what we enjoy about cruising and from that day forward he anticipated our needs and helped with every situation. My perception of Celebrity is now based upon the outstanding service that we received from Jonathan. I hope this helps! I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for your response. We are in our first sky suite on Summit in December. What types of services did your butler provide? What suite did you occupy. I look forward to your full review.

Thanks for your response. We are in our first sky suite on Summit in December. What types of services did your butler provide? What suite did you occupy. I look forward to your full review.

We were in suite 6131. The fiest thing our butler did was reverse a disapointment that we had encountered when we boarded the ship. When we booked the suite we were informed that we would recveive a complimentary botlle of bubbly. Since by DH does not drink ANY alcohol, and I rarely drink, I called X and asked if I could have it switched for sparkling cider or non-alcohol. They said they could not do it from there, but that I should have no trouble on the ship. When we boarded, the alcohol was already in our room, so I went to guest services and asked if they could switch it. The girl behind the desk was very flippant as she told me it was not possible, and there was none available. She said :" that X traded the bottles for non-alcohol in the past, but that they had so many requests that they stopped doing it", she went on to tell me to "just have fun" and besides, " the bottle was free". I then asked to just have the bottle removed. When we returned to our stateroom, it was still there. Several moments later our butler, Jonathan arrived to meet us. I asked if he could remove the bottle and explained the situation, he seemed upset and shocked. One hour later we returned to our cabin to find a bottle of non-alcoholic wine. Jonathan had also asked me about what we enjoyed. We told him that for us, it was all about the balcony and that we enjoyed eating as many meals as possible. He made sure that occured. Each morning we ordered from the room service breakfast menu. Jonathan would be there on time with a white table cloth and set it up on the balcony. He also brought tea and canapes in the mid day. However, when he realized that most afternoons wee were not there, he switched the canapes for cookies and pasteries wrapped in saran wrap so they would not spoil. I have a muscle illness and one night I fell ill at around 8:00 PM. I called Jonathan and although it was last minute, he served us dinner in our room. We also had pre-arranged to have a balcony dinner on the last night. These are only a few of the tings he did. In general, he made us feel like we were the only people on the cruise.

Sorry it was so long, but I feel very strongly about Jonathan!

No need to apologize; your genuine regard for your butler Jonathan and appreciation for the fine service he provided is obvious. I am looking forward to breakfast on the balcony and perhaps even dinner too. that might be nice after a busy day in port. Thanks so much for giving me a better idea of what to anticipate.

Archived