NCL Gem 2 bed family suite

Mercury

I am looking into booking this category on NCL as it appears to be the only option I have for booking a cabin with a separate bedroom for my children (age 1 and 3). I also looked into Carnival but their suites do not have the option of even a curtain to draw when children are asleep and DH and I would like to watch TV/talk/read and need lights to be on.

Has anyone booked this category on NCL and would you say it is worth the extra $$$?

TIA!

I have not booked this room, but did tour one when we were on the Gem. It is a lot of space in the first bedroom and living area with a tiny bedroom and second bath. It is a lot of money, but also a lot of space. On our cruise we have booked two adjoining/connecting cabins on the Gem. We like balconies, and felt it was plenty of space. We put our 4 kids in one room, and we were in the other room. We kept the door between the cabins open most of the time. It is a cheaper alternative. You would have plenty of balcony space. You can ask the steward to open the door b/t the balconies when in port. You also get 2 full bathrooms. The bedrooms would be the same size, and you would not get a livingroom or all the suite perks. We have never stayed in a suite, but manage well in the connecting rooms. Hope this helps.

I have stayed in both the AB Penthouse and the A3 Courtyard Villa. They are both 2 bedrooms with the same layout. The difference it the A3 gives you access to the courtyard area and the AB does not. They are great rooms and for us are well worth the money. Whether it is worth it to you or not is a pretty subjective thing. The suite has a small bed room just off the main enterence. This room has a fold out couch (about double bed size) and an upper bunk. It has it's own basic bathroom, tv and DVD player. It is just big enough to fit a PNP OR turn down the couch but not both. Our 2.5 year old daughter slept on the fold out couch this trip and has used a PNP in the past. You could likely put both your little ones in the fold out couch. We use a baby monitor in this room so I can hear her well from the master or the living room.

There is also a second door you can close between the main living room and the hall with the enterence and 2nd bedroom off of it. We never closed this door. The living room has a single fold out couch. There is a sliding glass door that goes to the master bed room and a truly amazing master bath.

You also get the suite amenities including breakfast and lunch at Cagney's, butler service, priority tender etc etc. IMO the suite amenities on NCL are the best in the business.

If it is in your budget I think it is much more relaxing that all being squeezed in one room. If it's not in the budget I wouldn't go into debt over it. You can have a great time in any cabin. Have a great cruise.

Archived