Carnival Victory, early seating, late seating or open seating?

startpacking

Which is best for this a Southern Caribbean cruise itinerary? Thanks.

We chose the late seating. You are in port until 4 or 5 pm. This way you have time from when you come back to the ship until dinner time to relax.

We did early on the Victory last year, but next year when we do the Victory again, we are chosing the late. We don't like anytime because we think it is fun to meet up with the same group each night and compare days, but that is personal preference. The main reason we are chosing late this next time is that the sunset right about 6-615 each night and we wanted to be on the deck watching it, and therefore were rushed to get ready for supper after being in port til 5ish, and were almost late for the 615 supper every night. This will give us more time to watch the sunset and relax and get ready. We can always get a snack to tide us over if we are hungry.

Late seating worked well for us. I guess it depends on how much energy you have after being busy in port all day, every day. There were times when it was kind of hard to get motivated to get ready for dinner (or to wait until 8:30 if we'd only snacked at lunch time).

Because of the intensity of the ports, being out in the sun, water or walking around, you may find yourself a bit wiped out by the end of the day.

I chose anytime for my Victory cruise in a few weeks. After trying it on a few cruises, I don't think I will ever go back to traditional dining. It is great not having to rush to the early seating, and not have to wait until 8:00 to eat. I eat dinner early at home and don't like eating that late. I also like that I can eat with the people came with only. Dinner does not take nearly as long this way.

I also don't snack as much this way. When I used to eat late dinner, I would always make a stop at the buffet to hold me over. With anytime dining I eat when I want so there is no need to stop for a snack. The dinner is always filling, so I don't stop after dinner either. Of course if I stay out late I might hit the 24 hour pizza, but I would do that whichever dining I choose.

We had early seating because anytime was already booked (as was late, but we don't like late seating b/c it's too late to eat for us). At first we thought it would be a problem b/c of the time we leave ports, but it worked out really well for us. Not to mention we were able to request a table for 2 since it wasn't packed. Next time we're on the Victory, we'll do early again.

Archived