I think I'm going with jean capris this time!!!

pampaul

We're sailing in just under 2 weeks on the Jewel.

Our very first cruise was on Norwegian Dawn back in August of 2008. I packed DH & the boys each either black or tan dockers with a nice button up/short sleeved shirt for dinner each night. Then for the dress up night, DH had a suit, boys had black dress pants with long sleeved button up dress shirt/tie. I also wore black dress pants with a dressy shirt (I don't do dresses lol) For other dinners during the week, I wore the black dress pants with a shirt.

This time though, I think I'm actually going a bit more casual. I keep hearing that it's okay to wear nice jeans in the dining rooms (we don't do pay restaurants) So instead of packing a million different outfits, I will wear a pair of capris along with a nice shirt. DH wants to wear his black or tan dockers along with a Hawaiian shirt. The boys I think will do black jeans along with either a hawaiian shirt or their short sleeved button shirt.

We will be dressing up for the dress up night though. Just reading all of the talk about it being okay to wear jeans now, I think I just unloaded some of the stress about what to pack!!!

I just got off the Jewel and I is very very casual. We only ate at Le Bistro/Cagney's and Mama's and even there everyone was dressed way down. The guy behind us in Cagney's was wearing gym shorts and a tee shirt. On "dress up or not night" I saw very few people really dressed up. I can't imagine the main dining rooms were more dressy but I can't say for sure. I think you will be fine in what every you deceide to pack. There is supposed to be a no shorts in the main dining room for dinner rule but other than that it seems to be anything goes. Have a great time!

OP here....I guess I should clarify. I will be bringing other capris besides denim ones. I LIVE in denim capris and will probably wear them once or twice during dinner but for the most part, I will have a pair of black ones, brown ones and maybe white ones. Just wanted to go a bit more casual this time around.

Archived