Whale Watching

We are cruising in late September to early October with Princess and will be stopping off at Chatlottetown, Sydney, Halifax, New Brunswick and Bar Harbor. Can someone please tell me if this is a good time of the year for whale watching and if so which port will offer the best whale watching excursions

My guess is that it would perhaps be best at Bar Harbor. The whales are best in Nova Scotia on the Bay of Fundy near Digby which is nowhere near your cruise ports, or on the northwestern side of Cape Breton near Cheticamp.

I know the whales are great in the Bay of Fundy in August and some time after that, they start heading south to warmer waters. Perhaps they will be off Bar Harbor??

However I would go to Tripadvisor and do a search on the various forums.

My guess is that it would perhaps be best at Bar Harbor. The whales are best in Nova Scotia on the Bay of Fundy near Digby which is nowhere near your cruise ports, or on the northwestern side of Cape Breton near Cheticamp.

I know the whales are great in the Bay of Fundy in August and some time after that, they start heading south to warmer waters. Perhaps they will be off Bar Harbor??

However I would go to Tripadvisor and do a search on the various forums.

We will be in Gloucester in late September and had considered the whale watch trip there for my husband? Is it likely they would have moved that far south by then? I now there is no way of knowing for sure, and sightings are not promised, but I would be interested in hearing from anyone abou that tour.

Archived