Invitation Help

I need some assistance on invitations. Any ideas on wording? Here is my situation.

Getting married aboard cruise in October 2010 at port in Mobile. Close friends and immediate family were given a years notice that we would be doing this non-traditional wedding and to buy the cruise or choose to be non-sailing. Since word got around that it was at port and only a 4 hour drive from home, no one really wanted to take the cruise and all of my family and friends invited have opted to be non-sailing guest. This is fine by me, since it is our honeymoon as well! Just makes me not able to invite some others i was hoping too.

So last minute, i have decided to throw together a pre-wedding celebration the weekend before my wedding for all the friends and family that cannot attend and i will invite the ones who will be attending as well. We will have food/cocktails/cake/dancing/decor. The basics you would do at a reception, but it will be before NOT after. How would i word this on an invitation? I want something formal (similar to a wedding invite), nothing cheesy.

Thanks in advance!!

So last minute, i have decided to throw together a pre-wedding celebration the weekend before my wedding for all the friends and family that cannot attend and i will invite the ones who will be attending as well. We will have food/cocktails/cake/dancing/decor. The basics you would do at a reception, but it will be before NOT after. How would i word this on an invitation? I want something formal (similar to a wedding invite), nothing cheesy.

Thanks in advance!!

When you say you want something formal I am guessing you mean in terms of the invitations. Is the pre-wedding event going to be formal as well or semi formal or casual? Is there a theme to the wedding? Did you do the cruise/wedding invitations yet?

Having these answers will make it easier to help you

The pre-wedding celebration will be semi-formal. We don't have a theme. I just booked a reception room this week and I'm gathering some hostesses as we speak.

I haven’t decided if I am sending wedding invitations out for the cruise. We haven’t ordered any. I honestly don't see areason to, when i have spoken individually to each person coming and they already know all the information from my wedding website. I guess that is why i wanted something nice for the pre-party that everyone will be invited to. It sounds very non-traditional. But what is traditional when it comes to getting married on a cruise these days! I'm just doing what i want and what makes my fiancé and I happy

;)

I did all my invitations for the wedding/cruise via in person, phone and email. We had a small wedding with mainly family. I didn't see the need for the traditional invitations or the added expenses. We spoke to the guests regularly as they were family and we were helping with the bookings and travel arrangements.

For the pre-wedding party. I would send out the non traditional formal wedding invitations, with some minor changes. Rather than having it say the parents of the bride (their names) and the parents of the groom (their names) cordially invite you to the wedding of Daughters name to Grooms name yadda yadda.

At the top of the invite or the front depending on style something like

"Join us for our Pre-Wedding Reception" or "Come Celebrate Our Pre-Nuptials"

Not cheesy but something fun...

inside or middle

(Brides name and Grooms names) request the pleasure of your company

our Pre-Wedding Celebration will be held at

Name of location

on Date and time

The Pre-Wedding Celebration is one step towards our journey of being husband and wife. You have been an important part of our lives and would like for you to be there while we take these steps and celebrate our love.

On the RSVPS you can list things like (these can also be included on the invite)

Cocktails start at x time

Dinner (or lunch whatever) will start at x time

Dance the night away with us.

Suggested attire semi formal

sorry this is just off the top of my head...

Archived