Table size request

rmmm

I have a question about table size. My mother is a cancer patient. She has been in treatment since last October (radiation and chemo, now just chemo). After she completes her treatment we are interested in taking a cruise to relax. On both the cruises that we have taken we were placed at a table with other people. What are the chances of getting a table for two in the dining room. She really isn't up to mixing with other people. Thanks.

You can request a table for two through your TA. That will be given to HAL. Generally no guarantee's on that. If you do not get the requested table for two, go to the Maitre D and ask him to change you to a table for two. Likely you will get that change. You might have to change your dining times to get it but you should get it.

We always request a table for two. Probably a 50/50 chance of actually getting it assigned. We do go and ask for the change and have always been able to get it done.

Do check the assignment right away when you board because the line to change your dining assignment can be huge :mad: .

I believe that the general concensus is that you need to make your request with HAL - preferably as early as possible and wait and see.

I have been on two cruises and both times I requested a table for two and got it. My husband is allergic to nuts and seafood and this is one of the reasons we don't want to sit with a big group (less chance of mixing up orders, smells from fish, etc.).

We also request a later dinner seating (usually the 8:00 one) and since there is usually more people wanting the early seating, I wonder if this has helped.

You may wish to draft a polite letter to HAL explaining the reasons you wish to be at a table for two along with any other things they would need to know to make your mother more comfortable on the cruise. This can be sent to HAL through your TA.

I think they can make almost anything happen for you if they know ahead of time.

Best of luck!

Archived