trailer trash vacations

so i was on cruise critics reveiwing some ports of call for our up-coming 7 day on the dream on october 7th when a friend of mine said " i don't understand why you cruise they are like the trailer trash of vacations?" I can't tell you how upset i got. iI could not believe she said that needless to say i flew off the handle. i explained to her that it is not like that at all. furthermore i am able to take 2 seven day cruises a year usually a balcony for a very reasonable price. i would not be able to fly to the caribean for a week without spending at least double that. i called her a snob. was i wrong for getting so upset at her opinion? i don't see how she even can make an assumption considering she has only been on one cruise on holland to alaska with her grandmother when she was 18!!! i will say i am not blind i have noticed trashy behavior on my cruises but don't you see that on most vacays at some point?? she said she was sorry for offending me but i never heard an apology for being so close minded.

thanks for letting me vent

Whats wrong with trailer trash?;)

No faking required...just buy a suite! :eek:

it's cheaper to fake it. why spend $ if'n you don't have to? besides, the less you spend on the cabin, the more you can spend on the mash. :p

/trailer trash mode off

4749855597_00279b9b16.jpg

There it is... had to find it in the html garbage. Is there an easier way then to copy the html codes and dig out the actual image reference??

I love it. When I saw the small version, I thought it was a rainbow mullet.

can someone define the phrase trailor trash?

i love carnival, but, i didn't know i was trailor trash.:confused:

On the Trailer Trash Cruise, these people will be in the cabin next to yours.

TRAILERTRASH.png

so i was on cruise critics reveiwing some ports of call for our up-coming 7 day on the dream on october 7th when a friend of mine said " i don't understand why you cruise they are like the trailer trash of vacations?" I can't tell you how upset i got. iI could not believe she said that needless to say i flew off the handle. i explained to her that it is not like that at all. furthermore i am able to take 2 seven day cruises a year usually a balcony for a very reasonable price. i would not be able to fly to the caribean for a week without spending at least double that. i called her a snob. was i wrong for getting so upset at her opinion? i don't see how she even can make an assumption considering she has only been on one cruise on holland to alaska with her grandmother when she was 18!!! i will say i am not blind i have noticed trashy behavior on my cruises but don't you see that on most vacays at some point?? she said she was sorry for offending me but i never heard an apology for being so close minded.

in that case I LOVE TRAILER TRASH VACATIONS!!! I love that carnival guests are not snobby and stuck up! I feel like I fit in on carnival and met people who wanted to have good time, I found it very laid back and informal and it suited me. I would consider a line like princess or holland if I were on honeymoon, but to hang with a group of friends or my family I will pick carnival. It doesnt suit everybody. A few people being drunk on deck wouldnt spoil my cruise in fact last time I cruised I got quite drunk, slipped over on deck whilst holding a cup of coffee and accidently threw the whole cup into my face and hair! I dont think I spoiled anyone elses day apart from my own ( hope not ):rolleyes: come on its a vacation people let their hair down it doesnt mean they are trailer trash!

I did read that carnival were party boats and thats what sold it to my friends lol

we spent a weekend in miami and went on the sensation but id hardly call it a party there were about 10 people dancing in the club, I kinda had to apologise for it not being as wild as we hoped. we did go to a club in nassau and had a great time. absolutly the best vacation ever for all of us. :D

Hey girls! We are booked on the Conquest b2b 5 and 12 Sept out of Galveston! Too bad we aren't on the same ship together, the Star was a blast! Reading the posts about your friend, she is nothing but a spoiled brat that has had life handed to her on a silver platter. Things have a way of balancing themselves and I just hope she doesn't wake up one day in circumstances whereby she finds out what "TRAILER TRASH" really means!

Take care and have a great cruise Flint and Ursula:D:D

in that case I LOVE TRAILER TRASH VACATIONS!!! I love that carnival guests are not snobby and stuck up! I feel like I fit in on carnival and met people who wanted to have good time, I found it very laid back and informal and it suited me. I would consider a line like princess or holland if I were on honeymoon, but to hang with a group of friends or my family I will pick carnival. It doesnt suit everybody. A few people being drunk on deck wouldnt spoil my cruise in fact last time I cruised I got quite drunk, slipped over on deck whilst holding a cup of coffee and accidently threw the whole cup into my face and hair! I dont think I spoiled anyone elses day apart from my own ( hope not ):rolleyes: come on its a vacation people let their hair down it doesnt mean they are trailer trash!

She was not saying Carnval was a trailer trash vacation...but that cruising in general was a trailer trash vacation.

BTW...I am now embracing my trashiness:D

If being able to cruise once or twice a year qualifies as "trailer trash", then I guess that's what I am:D

It is very clear that while your friend may be "affluent" monetarily, she's certainly an uneducated consumer.

I guess it's true... "You can't fix stupid!"

Only read the first and last page...A good comeback to get in her head is to comment where she vacations...Let's say it's villas in Fiji...Say along the lines of:

"I'm sick of vacationing where people are prettier and richer than us in Fiji...Let's go on carnival together where we'll be richer and prettier than any of the trailer thrash"

Should get her to stop, think and never comment on your vacation plans again... :D

It's really more Middleburg.

DUUUUUVVALLL!!!!

That made me LOL. I also remember hearing "The West Side is the Best Side!!" Carnival can certainly draw lots of customers from there. ;)

No wonder they have cruises leaving from Jax and Prt Canaveral!

The behavior I witnessed on our NCL cruise was far worse than anything I have ever seen on Carnival. Guess it's kind of hard to change people's minds once the "trailer trash" perception is out there. I for one think Carnival does a great job of keeping their cruises light, fun and unpretentious. Exactly what I like for my vacay.

Archived