Recommended Excursions - Traveling with a 4 year old and two 22 month olds

S&JR

I am looking for recommendations for excursions for my family. My 3 boys will be 4 and 22 months when we arrive in Progresso. I REALLY want to see Uxmal, but am not sure what is feasible with my kids in tow. If Uxmal is not a good option what about Merida?

Thanks!

I love Merida and Uxmal. However, Uxmal has alot of walking without sidewalks. Not sure how the kiddos would enjoy the 90 minute bus ride. Many of the sidewalks in Merida are more narrow than at home. Strollers especially the side by side double ones will be problematic.

90 minutes! Thanks! I have read many different times and that helps a lot. Im sure we will be back in Progresso so waiting to see Uxmal when we are alone or our boys are older will probably be best.

How far is Merida? Everything I have read about travel time differs greatly. My stroller is not side my side but back to back. Do you see it still being a problem?

Are there any excursion close to the port that I should be thinking about?

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my at the time almost 3 year old & 1 year old son to Dz. ruins (I can't spell it). They LOVED it!

Since I was worried about a private tour with such young kids we hired a van. I believe it was $80 for the van (for 4 adults & 2 kids) to go to the ruins & back. The ruins had a separate entrance fee. There were also guides there you could pay if you wanted to, but we just walked and viewed the ruins on our own.

Having such young children with me I didn't want to burden others with crying if that was the case. Plus we could stay as long or as little as we liked.

Dz. ruins is a much shorter drive then Uxmal. I believe 30-45 minutes each way to Dz. ruins. Uxmal is nice too but it is a good 1.5 hours away.

Hope that helps.

Oh we just caught a taxi after we rode the shuttle bus to the end of the pier, but you could have caught one before you got on the bus.

• 2 months later...

i am also going on the Elation sept. 25th , we have decided to do the flamingo tour with AutoProgreso, the tour leaves at 11:15am, i emailed them at info@autoprogreso.com. the tour is 19.00 USD per person, also you will need to buy your tickets before 10am because the store closes. when you email them ask about price for the kids as i believe they are cheaper if not free. I hope this helps

Archived