Zipline in Puntarenas, Costa Rica???

PrincessLucy

Oops, you're on the wrong board. We went with Okey Dokey Tours who picked us up at the dock in Puntarenas for a 7 hour shore excursion. Everyone is all together until the choice of zip line or crocodile man river boat tour. Two people in our group did the zip line and they loved it but said it was physically exhausting wearing the heavy equipment and walking between the lines. The rest of us did the river tour. You might want to check out the Costa Rica board for other tour operators and people who've done the zip lining.

I have some photos up of the Costa Rica tour here if you want to see where else Okey Dokey takes you to. http://appytales.blogspot.com/2010/06/port-of-call-puntarenas-costa-rica.html

Oops, you're on the wrong board. We went with Okey Dokey Tours who picked us up at the dock in Puntarenas for a 7 hour shore excursion. Everyone is all together until the choice of zip line or crocodile man river boat tour. Two people in our group did the zip line and they loved it but said it was physically exhausting wearing the heavy equipment and walking between the lines. The rest of us did the river tour. You might want to check out the Costa Rica board for other tour operators and people who've done the zip lining.

I have some photos up of the Costa Rica tour here if you want to see where else Okey Dokey takes you to. http://appytales.blogspot.com/2010/06/port-of-call-puntarenas-costa-rica.html

Thanks so much for responding. I looked at your blog - great info.

We were delighted with Greenway Tours (an ad for them used to appear on here) and got a cruisecritic 10% discount. We were met at shore and returned in plenty of time.

Check them out:

http://www.greenwaytours.com

Great to hear, they are one of the tour groups that I have been looking at.

Thanks.

We did the Okeydokey tour as well and chose the river cruise but got back to see the zipliners finish thier last descent...all appeared to be happy and said that they had enjoyed it very much. By the way Charlie Soto and his Okeydokey Tours came very highly recommended and we were certainly pleased with him. http://nanada.com/tours/

We just booked with Turu B Ri. It looks terrific and gives you many options. We have a package that picks us up at Puntarenas dock. The Canopy (Zip line) seems to be more extensive than the one used by OkeyDokey. Please check out their website:

http://www.turubari.com You won't be disappointed in what they offer. John

Hi John,

I had 6 tour companies that I was checking into, TuruBaRi was one of them.

It looks like both TuruBaRi Tours and Greenway Tours use the ziplines at TuruBaRi Adventure Park. Both give a 10% discount and pick up from pier.

I am not sure which ziplines Okey Dokey takes you to... do you know? There is another park (Mahogany Park) that The Original Canopy Tour company uses.

The price at TuruBaRi Tours includes the zip line and the nature tour or the same price for just the zip line. That doesn't make sense??

When is your cruise? Ours isn't until November so I still have time....

Hi John,

I had 6 tour companies that I was checking into, TuruBaRi was one of them.

It looks like both TuruBaRi Tours and Greenway Tours use the ziplines at TuruBaRi Adventure Park. Both give a 10% discount and pick up from pier.

I am not sure which ziplines Okey Dokey takes you to... do you know? There is another park (Mahogany Park) that The Original Canopy Tour company uses.

The price at TuruBaRi Tours includes the zip line and the nature tour or the same price for just the zip line. That doesn't make sense??

When is your cruise? Ours isn't until November so I still have time....

BTW... have you heard of The Adventure Park at Hotel Vista Golfo? That one does the ziplines over waterfalls.

We did the zip-lining at the Vista Hotel Golfo and really liked it. We had zipped before, but this one was unique because it went over the forest, stream and waterfalls. There were about 25 different zip-lines and two rappels on the course. I didn't think it was particularly strenuous and I'm 65, though in good shape. The other couple in our group were closer to 70 and the man not in such good shape, but they both managed it too.

We booked right off the ship, though I had researched and knew about the tour. The hotel is about a half hour up windy mountain roads and our tour included a good typical Costa Rican meal. They also have horse-back riding and a combo tour that includes riding and zipping; also an atv course, and more.

We waited about a half hour at the hotel for another couple, but there were only the four of us with about four guides. Towards the end of the zip-lines we caught up with a bigger group, which slowed us down some. It was a great day.

Thanks for the info. Have you heard anything about TuruBaRi adventure park and that zipline?

Since we've done ziplines before, we thought that the one over the waterfalls did sound interesting and a bit different. However 1 in our group isn't going to do the ziplines and so we're leaning towards TuruBaRi since they have nature tours that can be done also.

For Princess Lucy

Might even confuse you more, sorry! We did find that we could do Turu Ba Ri for $99 that included one added adventure added to the Nature Tour with Aerial Tram. There are 3 adventures you can choose from. That price ended up as a online prepaid tour. If you didn't want to commit prepaying it will be about 10% more or about $110. You must look at the site and find the prices from the cruise port. There are other prices from hotels, etc, that will be different. Keep searching there. Also you can e-mail to their site and receive clarification.

Okey Docky does not do the same park and their zip lining is of a tamer variety , I believe. Both tour options receive good reviews.

Understand, we have never been there. What we read is what we are passing on.

After LOTS of research and emailing all the different tour groups... we have decided we will go with TuruBaRi... they are the only ones that offer a nature tour with a zipline tour (which works well for us since we have 1 chicken among us).

Greenway goes to the same park as TuruBaRi but doesn't offer the ability to do 2 tours (nature and zipline).

Thanks to you all for your info... hope you all have great cruises and zipline adventures:D

• 2 weeks later...

This is what their website states...

At Turu Ba Ri’s Zip line Canopy Tour, experienced Guides will start by dressing you with the best equipment available in the market, then they will give you a brief on security and safety, before taking you through this 4.910 feet long tour, spread out over 8 lines (cables), 2 hanging bridges, 14 platforms and 3 towers. It lasts from one hour to 90 minutes depending on how many people join the zip line tour.

Don't know where you saw 1 zipline???

• 2 months later...

I have been in Puntarenas Costa Rica couple times before ..and i really love zip linning there..

the last time i took a zip linning tour over 11 waterfalls with the guys from the Adventure Park..you definitely have to check it out..http://www.adventureparkcostarica.com

I´ve been in Turubari park among other zip line operators during a 15 days trip we did in Costa Rica, but the one over the waterfalls its way better than all the others..

It is something to add to your to do list while being in Costa Rica.

Regards, Paul

Archived