chefs table on ther Dream

any comments on the chefs table on the Dream? is it worth the $75? What are the 7 courses?

Rob

DW and I decided to try this out on our W. Caribbean Dream cruise in May. To us, it was definitely worth it! After some appetizers at the reception, we were given a tour of the galley and our dining room table was set up next to the Chef's Station. I won't give away anymore right now, but I will say that it was one of the greatest highlights of our several years of cruising. I have attached a pic that was taken of our group, and have included the menu below. Don't miss this experience!

ChefsTable.jpg

:D

1666235147_ChefsTable0001.jpg.22f70d2d3066ab81a70649457a212c66.jpg

DW and I decided to try this out on our W. Caribbean Dream cruise in May. To us, it was definitely worth it! After some appetizers at the reception, we were given a tour of the galley and our dining room table was set up next to the Chef's Station. I won't give away anymore right now, but I will say that it was one of the greatest highlights of our several years of cruising. I have attached a pic that was taken of our group, and have included the menu below. Don't miss this experience!

ChefsTable.jpg

:D

OK Craig give it all up ......I want details and more details, we love the specialty restaurant and would love to do this. BTW our cruise on the Dream is in 23 days. send me a pm on the details

Rob

OK Craig give it all up ......I want details and more details, we love the specialty restaurant and would love to do this. BTW our cruise on the Dream is in 23 days. send me a pm on the details

Rob

Rob, here is a portion from my Dream 5/15 review which highlighted our Chef's Table experience:

Tuesday Dinner- The Chef's Table

I had mentioned early in my review about getting reservations for "The Chef's Table" dinner when we first embarked. So, tonight was the night and we met the other guests with reservations in The Song Room lounge across from the Burgandy Lounge. We were very excited about the dinner, and as we waited for the chef, we enjoyed some wine and horse doovers (I mean hors d'oeuvres).:eek: Being a meat and potato kind of guy, I was unsure how much I would enjoy the "fancy" appetizers that we were presented, but I was pleasantly surprised. They were delicious! Soon Chef Soulee Banjaree arrived, and explained the schedule for the dinner and told us some things about himself including the role of the Chef on a large cruise ship. He then took some of our questions like "What is the budget for food on a 7 day cruise?", "How much beef is consumed by the guests?", and my personal question "How many servings of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake are prepared during the cruise?":D

Then Chef Banjaree led us into the galley and showed us the operations of a kitchen that serves over 2,500 people at one time. To say that we were impressed would be an understatement! Obviously, they had this down to a science and used the latest high tech information technologies to assist in the tracking and scheduling of entree's for each dining room guest in both dining rooms. It was efficiency at it's finest!

While walking through, I saw our waiter Wayne in the galley and told him that I was there to complain to Chef Banjaree about the poor service we had received from our wait staff. Then I said "Gotcha!!!!, just kidding Wayne, you have been great!" We both got a big laugh from that one (although I did see a bead of sweat forming on Wayne's forehead...LOL).

Then we were led to our dining table (adorned with fine linens) which was set up right in the middle of this highly organized chaos.:) We each located our name tags, and were seated by the Chef's assistants. At this point, Chef Banjaree asked us to look at our menu's for the evening (which were in scroll form wrapped in ribbon). There were seven courses shown, and the Chef gave us a brief summary of what to expect. Then a group picture was taken of all the guests with Chef Banjaree standing at the end of the table. We were then served bread, water, and wine (if desired). Each course was prepared right before us just before it was served by the chefs assistants. Then Chef Banjaree would describe the entree and accompanying adornments, and then tell us to enjoy.

After about the fourth course, the Chef invited us over to another section of the kitchen where an assistant chef demonstrated how a batch of the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake was prepared! I just knew I had died and gone to heaven!!!:p Although the recipe is very basic, Jane commented that she had never been in the presence of so much solid chocolate before! Eggs, sugar, flour, butter, and 3 types of CHOCOLATE!

We then went back to our table and finished the rest of the dinner. The 2 main entree's consisted of a baked Sea Bass, and Filet Mignon. They were fantastic! And finally, there was a trio of delectable deserts served and the chef's assistant served us the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake that he had prepared for us.:D At this point, we were absolutely stuffed after having spent almost 3 hours being served some of the best food we will ever enjoy. The ladies of the group were then presented a copy of the group photo along with a copy of the chef's cookbook "Carnival Creations". We thanked Chef Banjaree for a wonderful evening, and had our picture taken with him as a keepsake.

Rob, here is a portion from my Dream 5/15 review which highlighted our Chef's Table experience:

Tuesday Dinner- The Chef's Table

I had mentioned early in my review about getting reservations for "The Chef's Table" dinner when we first embarked. So, tonight was the night and we met the other guests with reservations in The Song Room lounge across from the Burgandy Lounge. We were very excited about the dinner, and as we waited for the chef, we enjoyed some wine and horse doovers (I mean hors d'oeuvres).:eek: Being a meat and potato kind of guy, I was unsure how much I would enjoy the "fancy" appetizers that we were presented, but I was pleasantly surprised. They were delicious! Soon Chef Soulee Banjaree arrived, and explained the schedule for the dinner and told us some things about himself including the role of the Chef on a large cruise ship. He then took some of our questions like "What is the budget for food on a 7 day cruise?", "How much beef is consumed by the guests?", and my personal question "How many servings of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake are prepared during the cruise?":D

Then Chef Banjaree led us into the galley and showed us the operations of a kitchen that serves over 2,500 people at one time. To say that we were impressed would be an understatement! Obviously, they had this down to a science and used the latest high tech information technologies to assist in the tracking and scheduling of entree's for each dining room guest in both dining rooms. It was efficiency at it's finest!

While walking through, I saw our waiter Wayne in the galley and told him that I was there to complain to Chef Banjaree about the poor service we had received from our wait staff. Then I said "Gotcha!!!!, just kidding Wayne, you have been great!" We both got a big laugh from that one (although I did see a bead of sweat forming on Wayne's forehead...LOL).

Then we were led to our dining table (adorned with fine linens) which was set up right in the middle of this highly organized chaos.:) We each located our name tags, and were seated by the Chef's assistants. At this point, Chef Banjaree asked us to look at our menu's for the evening (which were in scroll form wrapped in ribbon). There were seven courses shown, and the Chef gave us a brief summary of what to expect. Then a group picture was taken of all the guests with Chef Banjaree standing at the end of the table. We were then served bread, water, and wine (if desired). Each course was prepared right before us just before it was served by the chefs assistants. Then Chef Banjaree would describe the entree and accompanying adornments, and then tell us to enjoy.

After about the fourth course, the Chef invited us over to another section of the kitchen where an assistant chef demonstrated how a batch of the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake was prepared! I just knew I had died and gone to heaven!!!:p Although the recipe is very basic, Jane commented that she had never been in the presence of so much solid chocolate before! Eggs, sugar, flour, butter, and 3 types of CHOCOLATE!

We then went back to our table and finished the rest of the dinner. The 2 main entree's consisted of a baked Sea Bass, and Filet Mignon. They were fantastic! And finally, there was a trio of delectable deserts served and the chef's assistant served us the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake that he had prepared for us.:D At this point, we were absolutely stuffed after having spent almost 3 hours being served some of the best food we will ever enjoy. The ladies of the group were then presented a copy of the group photo along with a copy of the chef's cookbook "Carnival Creations". We thanked Chef Banjaree for a wonderful evening, and had our picture taken with him as a keepsake.

Question for you Craig (I think that is your name)

Is it correct to assume that the chef's table takes the place of dinner one night, and isnt durning the afternoon?? Our son just called us ..he is getting married in st thomas on wednesday on the beach. We thought that the four of us (yes we are keeping it a secret from the others on the ship that will be there for the wedding) would do the chefs table together if we are lucky enough to get a reservation. I just couldnt imagine having 2 dinners in one day. Thanks for your review!

ShelbyJane

Archived