Possible cc group cruise - carnival spirit 15 day hawaii - apr 13/12

Luckysll

Sandy, if we have to pick from the current list I vote for:

Spirited Malihinis

Moana Malihinis

It would be nice to have some more time though to allow for some additional ideas and I like the slippahs theme!

Until I get the pricing, I will keep this thread open. And I don't want to start an official thread without a group name, so if we need more time for more ideas or voting, that's fine.

I think whatever name we end up with, a picture of slippahs can be used in the banner or on a t-shirt. It's a good theme for a Hawaiian cruise. :D

Until I get the pricing, I will keep this thread open. And I don't want to start an official thread without a group name, so if we need more time for more ideas or voting, that's fine.

I think whatever name we end up with, a picture of slippahs can be used in the banner or on a t-shirt. It's a good theme for a Hawaiian cruise. :D

I like all the names. :)

This will be my first time in Hawaii.....kinda excited about it :)

The last time I was in Hawaii was 17 years ago when my brother and sister-in-law got married there. I spent the entire week on Oahu, so I'm looking forward to seeing the other Islands, even if just for a day.

I just heard back from Laura and........

WE ARE OFFICIAL!!

She is going to contact the CC TA for pricing, but that person is away until July 13th, and Laura isn't sure who is handling the group cruises right now. So, we may have to wait a bit for pricing, but the good news is we have approval for the group. :D As soon as I hear back about pricing, I'll let you all know.

In the meantime, we need to confirm our group's name. Here are some of the suggestions:

Tiki Travelers

Spirited Away

Mahalo Madness (Hawaiian word for being thankful or grateful)

Moana Hui (Hawaiian for sea gathering. Moana means sea or ocean and Hui means group or organization)

Spirited Malihinis

Moana Malihinis (Moana means sea and Malihini means visitor or newcomer)

Spirit Slippahs

Please post your top two names and the one with the most votes is it. In case of a tie, I'll decide.

HOORAY!!!!!!!

I vote for 1) Mahalo Madness or 2) Moana Malihinis :p :p.

My vote is for

1.) Tiki Travellers

2.) Mahalo Madness

Our first time to Hawaii - we've already booked thru Carnival, although I've heard I can move that in the first 30 days, so I will contact the TA when that info is posted!

644 days, or something like that...

I think so too :D

Mine too, and I can't wait for this one!!!

Why does my kids have to be so young??? If they were in college I could sneak away with hubby....but in 2012 they will only be in 4th and 2nd grades!!

It will get here before you know it. It feels like only yesterday I was in your position, with young kids...now they're grown.

The joy of this freedom is well worth the wait!! :D

Goodmorning and Happy Friday to all my fellow cruise lovers.Have a great weekend:)

LOVE your user name!!!! Happy Friday to you too :)

I think I am intetested. my Cf child, 15 years old has always wanted to go to Hawaii. (crusiing) I want to take him before he graduates and while health permits....

Can someone tell me how close San Deigo is to Disneyland and universal Studio. Would like to make a pit stop !!!!

Thanks

Charleyann + Jacob

I think I am intetested. my Cf child, 15 years old has always wanted to go to Hawaii. (crusiing) I want to take him before he graduates and while health permits....

Can someone tell me how close San Deigo is to Disneyland and universal Studio. Would like to make a pit stop !!!!

Thanks

Charleyann + Jacob

San Diego is (to the best of my recollection) about a 3-4 hr drive from Anaheim. And Universal Studios is about an 1 1/2 from Anaheim (if you don't get stuck in traffic). If you haven't been before, you need at least two days to see Disneyland and a day for Universal Studios.

I haven't been to Disneyland for a couple of years, but I've managed to visit probably 10 or 11 times over the past 25 years. I love the place.

I hope you are able to join us on the cruise.

I don't understand all of the excitement about these cruises. Spirit has been doing cruises to Hawaii for years, and the current ones are much better. We're doing the B2B in September, which gives us a 24-day cruise. We get 13 days in the islands, and 5+ days on either side to and from Hawaii.

All of that, and it's substantially less expensive. Our inside cabin is costing us $67.20 a night, per person, and that includes a $200 OBC, and all taxes, fees and gratuities.

I hope you all have fun, but waiting for two years seems insane, especially when there are some good deals to be had on the B2B next year. We booked our cruise at the end of December, and I've found that to be intolerably long.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

In just

arg-9-50-trans.gifarg-2-50-trans.gif

weeks, we'll all be boarding the Carnival Spirit for our cruise to Hawaii.

And, I'm going to add in a Hawaiian word each week. Here's the best to start with:

aloha (a-lo-ha) hello, goodbye, love, and many others

All of that, and it's substantially less expensive. Our inside cabin is costing us $67.20 a night, per person, and that includes a $200 OBC, and all taxes, fees and gratuities.

You have this itineraries pricing before the group leader?

And no, I would NOT do a B2B sailing into the same ports two weeks in a row. It's colder at sea than you might expect. Pretty pricey just to save HI airfare, and a trip to land trip to Ensenda, if you ask me.

I WOULD do it twice, and spread it out over a bunch of years.

We were ready to come home after day 12.

In just

arg-9-50-trans.gifarg-2-50-trans.gif

weeks, we'll all be boarding the Carnival Spirit for our cruise to Hawaii.

And, I'm going to add in a Hawaiian word each week. Here's the best to start with:

aloha (a-lo-ha) hello, goodbye, love, and many others

If you're on Spirit from Vancouver, in September, why don't you come over and visit our roll call. We're having some fun and we have a lot of events planned. You can join some or all, but you're more than welcome to join the conversation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25120778&posted=1#post25120778

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I don't understand all of the excitement about these cruises. Spirit has been doing cruises to Hawaii for years, and the current ones are much better. We're doing the B2B in September, which gives us a 24-day cruise. We get 13 days in the islands, and 5+ days on either side to and from Hawaii.

I hope you all have fun, but waiting for two years seems insane, especially when there are some good deals to be had on the B2B next year. We booked our cruise at the end of December, and I've found that to be intolerably long.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

There are a lot of people who cannot take that much time off for a B2B. In fact, there are a lot of people who would like to do this 15 day cruise who may not be able to take off enough time.

I am a balcony snob, so booking an inside cabin just does not work for me, regardless of how good the price is. And, while I don't have to worry about getting enough time off, I can't afford to cruise often, so booking well in advance gives me lots of time to save up for the cruise.

I guess that's what makes the world go around.

I hope you enjoy your B2B.

And no, I would NOT do a B2B sailing into the same ports two weeks in a row. It's colder at sea than you might expect. Pretty pricey just to save HI airfare, and a trip to land trip to Ensenda, if you ask me.

I think he's refering to the pricing for his cruise this September.

I've been to the Carnival Web site and checked out the ES price. The first half of our B2B is being offered as a CC group cruise, but we were able to get better pricing through our TA, than was available on the CC group. I love competition.

Also, the reason we booked the B2B is because it ended up being less expensive than the 14 & 15 day cruises with Holland America and Princess, which are comparable to the Carnival price (The price was less expensive in all categories, because our group has inside cabins, verandahs, and suites).

Plus, there is the added value of enough time in the islands for my brother, sister, and their spouses, who've never been, to actually enjoy themselves. Having 5+ sea days before and after is such a bonus.

I understand that 24 days may be too long for some, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I understand that 24 days may be too long for some, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

To each their own. I just found being on a ship that long with that many old people (90+) to be a bit much. The reviews from this past April did not help.

A group cruise would help with that. I am envious of this one!

To each their own. I just found being on a ship that long with that many old people (90+) to be a bit much. The reviews from this past April did not help.

A group cruise would help with that. I am envious of this one!

So with you on this point! I've wanted to do Hawaii... and doing it with a group of what look like to be amazing people... decided it for me.

MR Pete.. you know you have to come!

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

:confused:

Really????????

What if some of us have all our vacation plans already made for 2010 and 2011?? I know I have plans for this year and next....so it's not like I'm waiting for 2 years to get away....

What if I was already looking into Hawaii for 2012 to celebrate my 30th anniversary that year and this opportunity just appeared before my eyes on the boards????

What if the idea of doing the cruise I want to do with a CC group seems REALLY appealing to me because I love to cruise with a lot of people???

Is this enough reason to book something 2 years out????????????

It is to me :)

MR Pete.. you know you have to come!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Bob

Those with jobs...yeah

When my DH retires then it will be a different story.

please add my husband and me (Jason and Jessica) to the list...we are group cruise virgins!!:o

We have been on one cruise last August and we are planning another one for summer 2011. So a cruise in 2012 will work perfect!! I can not wait for the pricing to be available!!

please add my husband and me (Jason and Jessica) to the list...we are group cruise virgins!!:o

We have been on one cruise last August and we are planning another one for summer 2011. So a cruise in 2012 will work perfect!! I can not wait for the pricing to be available!!

Welcome to your first CC group. :D I know you'll have a wonderful time. If you have any questions about how the group works, just ask.

Archived