What info is put on our cabin door?

mexico5

Agreed -- also, both Celebrity and Princess had names at cabin doors - which is not a great idea.
Is this a new Celebrity policy or an old one? I've only sailed once on Celebrity in 2007 and no names then. I don't think that I would want my name on the door. I don't use my legal name for anything but paperwork so people who call me by that name get the cold shoulder.

Can you tell me why? I don't see it as a big issue so I'm wondering why so many people are offended. On my Princess cruises I've seen very few names removed so it seems to be a bigger issue on this board.

It is a huge issue for me. I'd be demanding a new cabin if they had my name posted on a cabin door. I've had a stalker (gone now, thank goodness!), so my perspective is definitely affected by that. You just never know what might trigger someone to get weird. And it wouldn't have to be on the ship.... it could be months later that some creep crawls out from under a rock and starts making your life hell.

Or if you have a very distinctive last name, after someone having a couple of casual conversations with you, your home could be targetted for a break-in while you are away. "Hey, good to see you again, Lydia and Morris, didn't you say you were from Albany? Yeah, we used to have friends who lived there. Do you work there? Oh yeah, where? Have you met Linda and Bob Werther?" And then someone knows enough about you to look up your home in the phone book or on the net, and decide WHEN they are going to rob you.

Agreed -- also, both Celebrity and Princess had names at cabin doors - which is not a great idea.

We've sailed 4 times with Celebrity - the last time in March this year - and have never had our names on the cabin door, and never saw anyone else's name on their door.

People travelling alone, people with children, people who have suffered from stalkers or identity theft, people who just want to be able to retain their own privacy - all these would probably prefer not to have thier names on the cabin door.

We prefer not to give our cabin number out on roll calls either, simply because we want to know people before they come calling!

Archived