Passion Island

dnj1

Changes, where are you seeing changes? I am about to purchase excursion tickets again to PI. So I would like to know before I commit to buy the tix. :)

The one change, no more kiddie ATVs -- anything else?

No ATV's is all I heard about. So...I value your opinion. I think I read in another thread that you have gone to Passion. If you are going back I assume you liked it. I am taking kids ages 4 and 10. Is this a good place what about verses Playa Mia. My kids dont swim well, so water toys are not a big deal for us. I have seen pictures with a little playground. Was that Passion or Playa Mia? We would not do the sponsored excursion. How long will it take to get there by boat?

We liked Passion Island over Playa Mia. So I did buy the tickets for Passion Island.

Passion Island has a play ground, hammocks, beautiful white sand beaches -- but no pool (didn't need it). And when we were there, they set up a water trampoline and a beach trampoline.

We were suppose to get there by catamaran but the water was too choppy so we took a bus then a small ferry boat (quick boat ride)

I'll post my pictures from Passion Island here....

THIS IS PASSION ISLAND

d9d4e552.jpg

c25636c3.jpg

5c1f102d.jpg

3a4f0c59.jpg

a0bc3676.jpg

744488e9.jpg

WOW decisions...decisions. Yes, Playa Mia does look crowded. The plus for me is the pool. But they would love the playground at Passion and the ferry ride. OK..I have another question for you. Paradise beach. We went 4 years ago, without kids and we liked it. Would younger kids enjoy it? They are not strong swimmers so water toys dont matter.

I think I have answered my own question. My kids would not enjoy PB toys. I think I will stick to Passion Island. Thanks. Post new pictures when you return. We leave August 16.

I have never been to Paradise Beach, so you would know better than I with that one. :D

And you will have to post new pictures of PI for me since you are leaving again before me. I leave 9/11. :) Keep her clean for me. :D

I will be sure to post. Are you doing the tour through a cruiseline or through and independant tour company. I am wondering if these companies... are legit. We are not going through Carnival, because my kid is too young for the Twister.

I will be sure to post. Are you doing the tour through a cruiseline or through and independant tour company. I am wondering if these companies... are legit. We are not going through Carnival, because my kid is too young for the Twister.

I am going with the cruisline because RCI doesn't use the Twister, that's a Carnival thing. :D We'll be on a catamaran.

I wish I could get a review of the independent companies. Maybe someone from the port of call board has reviews of them?

Carnival should offer two ways to get to PI, one for the thrill seekers and one for the not so adventurous. ;) But I digress...lol.

Archived