May 2011 Med Cruise Suggestions

Carolla5501

I am looking for suggestions!

Here are the "thoughts"

1. We have free plane tickets to Italy departing May 8 and returning May 23rd (return out of Venice, that may be key)

2. We have done the Greek Islands (years ago on the old Olympic Cruise line)

3. I want about a seven day, but would go for five.

It's my mother and I. I am 50 she's...older :) And I am her "porter" My thoughts were that we would do a week touring in Italy and then take a cruise for a week so that I got some "vacation" too. I had initally been leaning towards the MSC in mid May out of Venice, but my TA sent me the port times and... it's awfully short in each port. She sent me a NCCL that's the same period (5/14?) but it does the Greek ports we have already done. (We have done Ephesus twice. Once on cruise once on land)

I am not a "top tier" traveler so the "Luxury lines" are out. As you can see we have done Olympic so we know if we go with a Europe or budget line we aren't getting the all you can eat etc of the Bahamas curise off the coast of Florida.

So, any good suggetions, any thoughts?

Thanks!

Carnival has an inaugural sailing of the Magic out of Venice on May 1st. I think it ends up in Barcelona and is a 9-day tour. You might have your Italy tour and leave on the ship from Venice. Take a look at their option.

We are going on the following sailing, which is Barcelona to Barcelona but 12-day.

Splendour of the Seas sails out of Venice. They do a 7 day cruise and it rotates every week. I did this cruise and it was wonderful. We went in May. Weather at all the stops was in the 70's, the Agean Sea was very calm. Take a look at this ship and the cruises it offers. We spent three days in Venice prior to sailing.

Archived