Takshanuk Mtn Trail by 4x4 Skagway

CALMOM

Does anyone know if you need your drivers license to drive? I wasn't planning on bringing my drivers license or passport off the ship but then I thought maybe the Tour Company would ask to see my ID. Do you also know what is the minimum age for driving? My daughter wants to drive and is 19. Thanks for your help

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=910864

Checkout post #3

A valid driver’s license is required to drive the “Mules”.

Yes, I knew you have to have a valid drivers license, I just didn't know if you had to actually provide it in person, since I am 53. Do you know what the minimum age is or do you just need a drivers license. Thank you

Yes, I knew you have to have a valid drivers license, I just didn't know if you had to actually provide it in person, since I am 53. Do you know what the minimum age is or do you just need a drivers license. Thank you

I googled for it and found the following in the Holland America AND Google cache of a NCL ( Norwegian) site. I guess you need to present the DL.

Takshanuk Mountain Trail by 4x4

Approximately 6¼ Hours

activity1.gifim_shorex_meal-bl.gif

$$$

Your journey begins with a scenic cruise aboard a high-speed catamaran down North America's longest and deepest fjord to Haines. Your guide will transfer you on a short and scenic ride to the Takshanuk (Land of Falling Waters) trailhead, and will show you how to operate your automatic transmission, all-wheel-drive Kawasaki Mule, best described as a heavy-duty golf cart. Take the wheel and get ready for an Alaskan wilderness adventure on the Takshanuk Mountain Trail. The Mules are equipped with seatbelts and offer easy accessibility. This tour allows adventurous guests, as well as semi-ambulatory guests or families with children, to experience the breathtaking views from an unspoiled Alaskan mountain wilderness. Beautiful waterfalls and crystal-clear creeks are just part of the natural scenery you'll drive through on your way to the panoramic views at the 1,500-foot elevation sub-alpine meadows. On the way down, you'll stop at an exclusive mountain lodge to enjoy a warm fire, stunning views and a gourmet meal before descending the rest of the trail.

Notes:

Four guests or up to five family members can be accommodated per Mule. Restrooms are at the rest stop area. To drive the Mule you must be age 21 or over and must bring your driver’s license.

Does anyone know if you need your drivers license to drive? I wasn't planning on bringing my drivers license or passport off the ship but then I thought maybe the Tour Company would ask to see my ID. Do you also know what is the minimum age for driving? My daughter wants to drive and is 19. Thanks for your help

When are you going? We are scheduled for the tour August 5 and would like your feedback if you are going before then.

When are you going? We are scheduled for the tour August 5 and would like your feedback if you are going before then.

We just returned from our cruise last week and we did this tour. I did not drive the mule, but my friend did & was not asked to show her DL. We are both middle-aged (OK..a little past that!)

We thoroughly enjoyed this tour option and would highly recommend it. The day was beautiful, as was the scenery. The meal that is served on the way back is just wonderful. It was wonderful to get to see Haines and still have time to enjoy Skagway too.

We will be doing the tour on 7/11, so I will let you know when we return

We just got back from our Alaskan cruise and this was one of the highlights of the trip. Our crew included ages from 7 to 70 and all had a great time. The staff is excellent and all equipment is top notch, they now have covers for the top of the mules that can be unsnapped keeping you dry in the rain. We seen a bear at the cabin and got some awesome pics.

• 5 months later...

Archived