Mini Speed Boat in Cozumel

cnssu123

I found the excursion through cozumel water sports to the hideway beach, my bf wants to do it, but am a little skeptical...as I see not recent reviews...have any body done it before?

Any feedback? Which company did you book through? I know carnival offer the boat blast tour which is similar.

Thanks!

I sent an e-mail to one of the operator today, and this is the reply I get:

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed to offer this tour, the cruise lines have put major pressure on local operators and they are now the only ones that can offer this tour. Thank you for your understanding and have a great day!

Sigh...the price carnival quite is $20pp more than local operators...not necessary saying it's right or wrong, and i understand Carnival is in for business..just kindda sucks...

I did this excursion through Carnival several years ago on my first cruise and it was fantastic. I see that Royal has a similar excursion. I'm considering it again for an upcoming cruise because I think my kids would enjoy it.

You have a 2-person mini boat and you played follow the leader (the guide was in the lead) to the beach hideaway. It was fun as he weaved in and out. Once at the beach, we had a Mexican lunch and there was a volleyball net. You could play volleyball, relax in the shade (they had blankets for you), play in the water on the beach or all of it.

When our time was up on the beach, we played follow the leader back in the boats. It's a good opportunity to switch drivers. The first driver gets to have more fun on the way there there with more zipping in and out than the second driver.

our family did this through Cozumel water sports, sorry to hear that they arent offering it themselves any longer. In addition to being a bit more, I think they offer a slightly abbreviated tour with the cruiselines.

There are some pictures from our cruise here...

This is a short excerpt from our Conquest review (see my signature)

Finally in Cozumel we elected to do a speed boat and beach escape offered via Cozumel water sports. The tour in a bit out of the way at the north end of island. They provide taxi service both ways rather than corral everyone on to a bus. The location before and after the power boats had a pool, volleyball, and other activities to keep you busy. We had a good time on the boats. We spent at least an hour in the boats, with a stop in the middle at a secluded beach to swim and snorkel (although not as much to see as in Grand Cayman). Afterwards, they provided lunch with chicken fajitas. The place was in good shape (although they could use a new deck) and for someone just looking for some fun on a budget, it served the purpose.

• 4 years later...

Everything I always wanted to do with our boat. Guides are great, find the best water, set up amazing photo ops keep telling everyone to GO FAST!

This excursion is ALL ABOUT FUN! If you're looking for a leisurely boat ride off the local beautiful blue water coast line . . . STAY AWAY. If you're ready to jump some wakes and get WET in the process, SIGN UP NOW.

After a good game of follow the leader searching for the bluest water to be found we headed for a netted snorkeling area safe from any predatory sea life. Weather was not so good, we gave the snorkeling experience a 2.

The ride back to the private beach was a bit shorter than the ride out but still a ton of fun!

Grounds are well kept, clean groomed sand, clean pool with a small swim up bar and friendly staff. Purchased the photo package, the boating shots well worth the money.

Be prepared for the drive out to "Barracuda Beach" it's a way out, past the main town and past the military base and past the end of paved roads and past of lot of deep pot holes . . . but totally worth it!

Be warned, the ride can be rough, so hold on and keep your butt on the padded seat!