Will Toursaver help?

DD

Free to a good home...2010 slightly used Tour Saver book. I read the sticky about no ads to sell the book, and I believe that I'm posting in good faith here, as I'm not selling. There's no catch.

We used the Tour Saver book on our Alaska trip in June. It saved us hundreds. We've used the following coupons: Talkeetna Air Taxi, University of Alaska Museum, El Dorado Gold Panning in Fairbanks, Kenai Fjords. Other than those, the book is intact. Since I got almost $500 in savings from Tour Saver, I definitely got my money's worth out of it.

Here's my reasons for offering it for free to a good home -- this board MADE my trip. Without this board, I would have made some stupid mistakes in planning the land portion. This board convinced me to go independent, to rent a car, to do the park shuttles in Denali and much more.

So, if my used book can help you, post an email address and I'll contact you to ship it. I'll pick an email address at random. I can ship it out as early as next Wednesday. If I send it regular mail, it'll probably be $2 or $3, and I'm not worried about being reimbursed for shipping. If you need it a faster way, then I'll ask you to reimburse the actual shipping when you get the book -- it should definitely fit in one of those small priority mail boxes or envelopes from USPS.

There's no catch other than my request that you only take the book if you can use it and don't resell it to anyone. I'm offering for free in the spirit of the board -- help someone else just like you were helped.

Happy long weekend! Hope my book finds a good home! Happy Alaska Planning!

DD, I would like to submit my email address for you consideration of your generous offer of the free "used" tourbook. My husband and I will be sailing on the Norwegian Star on August 28th. We will be celebrating our 51st wedding anniversay on this cruise. It is a trip we have looked forward to for quite a long time and at last it is going to happen. It is so generous of you to make this offer.

My email is: nannyk12345@aol.com

I want to thank you for your generous offer no matter who you choose to give it to. It is not often that you see someone doing something so unselfish for others.

Wow, how could I say no to that? First, you're the only reply. Second, I'm in PA too. Third, I sailed the Norwegian Star to Alaska last year and got hooked. Fourth, you sound nice and genuine.

My only question is -- will you be doing any independent touring after your cruise? If you're just cruising round trip out of Seattle, there aren't a ton of coupons that will benefit you. There are some Inside Passage coupons, but not nearly as many as someone who is exploring pre or post cruise would use. Let me know.

If NannyK doesn't take your book, I'm interested. We are leaving July 29 on the Radiance. Decided not to buy the book because I wasn't sure if we could really use it. I guess that could still be a problem since I am closer to my cruise date than the previous poster. Whatever you decide, you are making a most generous offer. Very lovely!

Hi Cleophus12, If Nanak confirms that she can use it, I'll send it to her. Like I said, how can anyone say no to that request?! If she decides she won't use it, then post your email. I wish this board had a private message feature, because then I could have just said PM me. No need to post your email address and expose it to potential spammers unnecessarily. Let's see what Nanak says.

Speaking of spam, I can afford to be generous...I'm getting 18 million from some Nigerian king who died and I'm the sole heir. Really...he sent me an email to prove it

it will be really nice to forward the toursaver free to the next person. We only used a couple of coupons in our first cruise. I wish it could have gone extra miles for the next person, instead of just tossing it into the recycle bin.

Yes, Sprock, I know there are some on ebay, and I know that I could sell mine on ebay, but truthfully, I think it's more in the spirit of this board if we all help each other out a little when we can. I've gotten many great tips and ideas off this board over the years, so why not pay it forward just a little bit? Or I guess you could say I'm paying it back.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I just spent a wonderful day at a 4th of July picnic/family reunion. What a joy to be able to spend a day seeing loved ones from near and far and seeing all the new additions to the family. We had a grand total of 121 there today.

We will be spending one day precruise in Seattle and then 3 days post cruise in Seattle. If there is anything in the book we can use I would appreciate it but if it is more for someone spending pre and post time in Alaska I would certainly prefer that they receive the book. Use your judgement as to who could best use what is in the book as I am not familiar with it. I thought it was one we would be able to use while we were cruising there. As I said before in my first post, it is such a generous, unselfish gesture on your part and I think it should go to someone who would be able to make the best use of it. I'm sure what ever decision you make will be the right one.

DD, I just did a google for the Alaska 2010 Toursaver Book to see what coupons are in it and I have to honestly say that it would be more useful fo someone other than my husband and myself. As I said I really didn't realize what is in the book until I read through the search results and I don't think we will be able to use it. Most of the coupons are for places we will not be going. I would rather see someone who is going to spend time in the cities listed get it. Thank you for your kind reply to my post. We are so looking forward to our cruise on the Star and seeing the beauty of Alaska. It is a trip we have looked forward to for so long and I know it will be amazing.

I can't tell if the Toursaver Book has been taken but if it hasn't we would love it and if it has are there any other used books out there...for sale? Our family of 5 is traveling to Alaska on an Inside Passage Cruise and we are spending almost as much on excursions as we are on the cruise...well, not really but it feels like it!!! I was intereseted in a book that still contains the Helicopter to Mendenhall coupon and the Mount Roberts Tramway. Please let me know if there are any other possible deals, also. Paying for 5 sure adds up!!!

If the offer is still out there, I'd like to throw my address in the hat. My wife just booked us on the Oosterdam sailing from Seattle on August 29th as a surprise birthday cruise.

This just happened in last few days, now turns out we'll be meeting up with family and making it a family cruise. This will be our first northwest cruise. Live in Az and that cooool weather sounds too good to miss! Any thoughts on what to do/not miss would also be greatly appreciated. We've talked for years about going northwest but this one is a surprise so really trying to figure out what to do/see & with short notice, I need all the help I can get. Whales, glaciers, salmon/halibut fishing, bears, heliskiing?! Ports of call are Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria. Any thoughts and your generous offer are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your generous offer and happy cruising!

PS Love your pay it forward concept & this message board & will do the same if not fully used.

if the book is floating around still, I would like to add my name to the list as well. We are sailing on the sapphire princess september 5th ( DH and my parents) If I were to be getting the book, I would use the BOGO tram ticket as well as the the bogo south sea kayak tours and zipline adventure. You offer is indeed generous and I would put your book to use guaranteed. I love paying it forward :)

cleophus is next, but if he/she doesn't post an email address by the end of the week, I'll offer it to someone else. Seriously, I just want to get this thing mailed out....

I need an email address to connect with someone. The book will BEST help someone doing a one-way sailing with independent land arrangements after that. Someone on a round-trip Seattle sailing will get very little value out of it; however, I'll give it to someone doing Seattle over just letting it go to waste sitting at my house.

DD we are going out of San Francisco but I have seen 3 coupons that we could use; Mount Roberts Tramway, Temsco Helicopter to Mendenhall and Southeast Sea Kayaks. All trips we had planned to go on before I realized there were coupons. Someone mentioned in a post their 2 for 1 on the Tram (pricey at $27 per person) and I googled it and found out about Toursaver Book. We are a family of 5 and would love the book! It would help us out a lot. I would reimburse you for the shipping. If you decide to send it to us my e-mail is bluebirddog@gmail.com.

islandgirlsarah@hotmail.com

we would use, temsco, bear creek zipline, south sea kayak, juneau tram , and skagway salmon bake BOGO's. Thank you. for such a generous offer...

we are in WA state.

these are all tours we were originally planning to use the book but have been waiting/watcing for the right used toursaver to come along on ebay

ps. I actually have the temsco/zipline/kayak tour/salmon bake already booked-just waiting on a book now :)

ps . we sail september 5th on the sapphire princess=love your idea of paying it forward, we did the same thing with our coffee cards on the crown last january.

Remember that many of these operators will only accept a limited number of coupons per day/trip/flight or whatever. Having a reservation does not necessarily mean they will take the coupon, you must advise them you will be using it. I know Temsco is one that doesn't even accept a coupon reservation without the book number, and they only allow one coupon per flight. By all means give it a try, but don't just travel with the expectation that you can use the coupon. You could end up with an expensive surprise. :eek:

yes, they are all booked and they specifically know I will be using the coupons, we nabbed the last spot on temsco for a 4:30 pm flight using the toursaver. They also took my reservation without a book number no problem/questions asked.

yes, they are all booked and they specifically know I will be using the coupons, we nabbed the last spot on temsco for a 4:30 pm flight using the toursaver. They also took my reservation without a book number no problem/questions asked.

Awesome. :) You must have the right touch. Temsco insisted on a book number from me.

• 2 months later...

I posted a thread to give my 2010 book away for free. It has been deleted. I don't understand as the guidelines say you cannot post them to buy or sell, which I did not. This and other threads offering to give them away seem to have been allowed.

If anyone on this thread who tried for a book previously has not yet sailed, please let me know. We did buy the book off ebay and several coupons have been used including the Taquan Air Misty Fjords and Temesco Mendenhall Glacier.

If a moderator would like to contact me, I would appreciate it. I have never been a member of a message board where threads were deleted without notification to the member as to why.

• 1 month later...
When I go to alaska next yr. - I'm going to buy a book and I'll let whoever wants it as well - let's pass it forward :)

Hollon, when are you cruising next year? We are in 2011 also and are thinking of the tour saver, but just are not sure. dbcarson1 at yahoo dot com

Archived