Vibration Aft on Pacific/Royal Suite 6088

parislady40

Hubby and I are booked in a suite truly aft on the Royal deck six. We have cruised on the Pacific deck 8 close to the back, and did not notice any problem with vibration when the ship reached a certain speed. Did notice it mentioned on another post. Can anyone weigh in....maybe Toto who has had this cabin(followed your travelogue)!Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!!:)

We have been in one of those aft suites two cruises - one on the Tahitian (now Ocean) and one on the Pacific. Both cruises were in Alaska. Both times the cabin was on deck 7.

Cruise 1. One night I woke in the middle of the night, thinking I had heard a crash, as if something fell. I got up, put my slippers on (thank goodness) and went into the living room area of the suite. The lovely tray that sat on the table and held glassware was not in sight. I found it on the floor, with wine glasses broken. So yes, there was considerable vibration that night. We made sure to put the tray on the seat of a chair before retiring the rest of the voyage.

Cruise 2, a year later. While we kept close watch, there was no problems from vibration on this cruise, though we did have to cancel a port because of storms.

Final analysis - the time there was vibration, it did not bother us at all (other than waking me when the tray fell). I really don't think you will have any problems. Go and enjoy!

We never had a problem one with vibration in 6088 on the Pacific. In fact, we have 6088 booked again on the Royal for this February for 22 days. I tend to disreguard a slight mention of a vibration if it is only mentioned once by someone. A vibration to some is nothing more than a slight shutter once in awhile to others. Now, if a vibration is mentioned by many, or is mentioned constantly in reviews and reports, then I stand up and take notice a little more closely.

We cruised with a horrible vibration aft on the Sea Princess several years ago, to the point that each time we pulled into or out of port we had to run around the cabin picking up everything that fell to the floor it was so horrrible. But had never felt any type of vibration on the Pacific Princess last fall.

I wouldn't worry about a one time mention of it whatsoever. Enjoy! :)

Archived