Cozumel Beaches

gbfan

Hi! I am a first time cruiser. My husband and I leave March 6th on Jewel of the Seas. This site has been a great help to us. :D We will be in Cozumel for our anniversary and I am so confused as to which beach to go to. When looking at the RCI excursions they offer a Passion Island Escape. I read lots of great things about Paradise Island. Please let me know which would be the best beach to go to. Thanks.

If you want a great beach go to Paradise beach. It will cost about 14$ for a cab to take you there. there are several things to do in Cozumel. if you really want to have a great time get booked on the Fury. It is a sail,swim and snorkel trip. Really alot of fun. Hope this helps out.

I have not been to Passion Island but have heard many great things about it.... I have been to Paradise Beach and it is wonderful, but it really depends on what you are looking for in your day at the beach... the best thing to do would be to do a search here on both and make a decision as to what you want... I have heard that Passion is gorgeious, but have not been there, so can't vouch for it... Paradise is very nice, nice clean beach, great food, great drinks, great service and people... and very reasonably priced. The only place I would not personally recommend would be Playa Mia, but that was just me, it might be perfect for someone else... so depending on what you are looking for, you could get different answers. Good luck and have a great cruise!!!

Hi! I am a first time cruiser. My husband and I leave March 6th on Jewel of the Seas. When looking at the RCI excursions they offer a Passion Island Escape. I read lots of great things about Paradise Island. Please let me know which would be the best beach to go to.
What might be best for one person would not necessarily be best for another. It would help us out if we knew a bit more about what you think makes a great beach. If you want to snorkel, you can do that at PB, but it won't be nearly as good as an area that has a rocky shore. If you want a sandy beach that extends out into the water, then PB would be a good choice. Is cost a concern? A taxi to PB is much cheaper than a ships excursion. You can even share the taxi with another couple and split the fare since the taxi fare is for up to 4 people, not per person.

A list of beaches can be found on cozumelinsider.com.

With the proper attitude, you'll have a great cruise.

Passion Island is beautiful but a hassle to get to. IMHO, shore excursion thru the ship is way overpriced. Corona commercials were filmed there. One perk of PI is unlimited ice cold Coronas. 12_4_1.gif 12_4_1.gif 12_4_1.gif But by the time you take the time to travel there & back....you are not left with much beach time.

Check out the cozumel link previously posted for more info to find correct beach for your needs. Enjoy!

I was just looking to spend a day at a beach. Relaxing, swimming, maybe a massage. I didn't want to snorkel that day. I just haven't seen much about Passion Island. I am trying to decide between Paradise Beach (so many of you seem to recommend that one), Passion Island and now the all-inclusive beach break at Nachi Cocom. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

Cheryl

gbfan, Please welcome yourself over at the RollCall for Jewel Mar6. Not much going on this week, but stop in and say hi. http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=117448&page=1&pp=25

We went to Passion in '03, but as stated above - the "commute" up there and back can eat into the overall experience. I think Paradise or NC gives you what you want, with more crowds no doubt. But you are also still close enough to then try something different, do the shopping, find parasail/jetski, MANY more food choices, etc.

If you are still into "getting away from it all", then checkout ChenRio in addition to Passion.

Rest assured, whatever we do on Mar8, will beat the heck out of this Monday.

If you are still into "getting away from it all", then checkout ChenRio in addition to Passion..

Which is on the East side of the island and is very nice with the soft sand and big waves and all. It isn't a swimming beach as many people recommend not swimming anywhere on the East side because of the dangerous conditions, under-tows and such. It would be up to you to decide if you want to "risk it".

Playa Palancar is a nice "get away from it all" kind of beach on the West side. Because it is all the way south, it isn't visited by as many people as the other beach clubs, but it does have a nice sandy beach, good bar service, and yummy fish tacos :)

Archived