Solstice Back to Back Question

ackieboy

Hi!

I am an experienced cruiser, but have never done a back to back. That is all about to change, as I just booked the 9/26 and 10/3 back to back on the Solstice. I was wondering about a few things however. First, on the day that the first cruise ends and the second cruise begins, do we have to remove our valuables (passports, jewelry, etc.) from the safe? We will be in the same cabin for both legs of the trip, so we will not have to empty out the rest of our belongings. Also, if we choose to meet up with some friends in Florida on that day, when do we need to be back at the ship? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Regards,

Dean

Hi!

I am an experienced cruiser, but have never done a back to back. That is all about to change, as I just booked the 9/26 and 10/3 back to back on the Solstice. I was wondering about a few things however. First, on the day that the first cruise ends and the second cruise begins, do we have to remove our valuables (passports, jewelry, etc.) from the safe? We will be in the same cabin for both legs of the trip, so we will not have to empty out the rest of our belongings. Also, if we choose to meet up with some friends in Florida on that day, when do we need to be back at the ship? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Regards,

Dean

To make it easier for you, I'd booked the same cabin for both legs. Then, you don't have to do anything on turnaround day.

If you have a different cabin on the second leg you will have to pack and your steward will move you.

We'll doing a B2B in October. Can't wait.

Judy

Hi Dean,

We were on the Solstice for a week in May. It was WONDERFUL. If this

had been your "first" cruise, you would be spoiled by any cruise that

followed unless it was in the solstice class of ship (Equinox, Eclipse,

Solstice, or Silhouette.

Having been on several B-T-B's, you took the correct action by booking

the same "stateroom" for BOTH cruises. Having done that, on disembarkation day, you literally do nothing. However, you may be

required to temporarily vacate the stateroom to go through customs when the ship completes the first leg.

However, your account for the first 7 days will be closed out. You will

receive a final bill. In addition, you will then receive another key card

for the 2nd leg of your trip.

You can purchase "duty free" alcohol any time during the cruise, but

remember it will NOT be given to you until the last night. The ship will store your purchase until the end of the first 7 day cruise.

INSIDER'S TIP: If you drink alcoholic beverages consider the following:

On the last afternoon/evening, of the first leg of the cruise, you may purchase "duty free" alcohol, it will be charged to your stateroom. You

will settle this account on the last day of your cruise.

Depending on the time of the purchase, (late afternoon, or evening) you will be allowed to take the purchase to your stateroom so you can take

it off the ship with you. Or, if you make the purchase early in the day it will be delivered to your stateroom later that night. Normally, the person working in the boutique does not know you are a B-T-B passenger who is not getting off the ship. Be sure to put the "travel

box" out of sight until the ship has sailed for the 2nd leg. I normally

place it inside a suitcase that we stored under the bed.

B-T-B's benefit from this procedure because you then have your choice

of alcolic beverages for the remainder of the cruise. Of course, the

intent is to consume this item in your stateroom, not in other areas

of the ship. Mixers can always be ordered from Room Service at the

normal rate.

The Liquor Store is always very busy on the last day before the cruise

ends.

We learned this from another very experienced cruiser when we were on our first B-T-B. So far, it has worked the same for our other BTB's.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Archived