River rafting

LimeNoSalt

We did the rafting through the cruise in Dec. Had a great day. The rapids are classified as type 3 rapids, our guide said it depends on the rain if they are 2-3 rapids. We were not expierenced rafters and had a wonderful time. It was not hard to do, had to paddle but the guide did most of the work. The bus they picked us up in was new and air conditioned. They took us to their private place to change with clean restroom facilities. Walking from roads to rafts was not difficult. You did have to climb down to get in rafts. Water shoes helped. Stopped mid way for cold watermellon and pineapple they cut up for you. Bring plenty of sunscreen and a hat to fit under helmet. They took pictures if you wanted to buy. They had a man in kayak for rescue if anyone fell out. Went back to their private place for lunch. We enjoyed and would do excursion again.

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Corabici River Rafting excursion. It was a lot of fun. Saw a lot of monkeys in the trees, wild tropical birds, iguanna and even bats clinging to a rock. It is a mild rafting event fun for anybody. After rafting we headed for a hacienda and had an authentic Costa Rica'n buffet lunch on the lawn. There were umbrella covered tables to shade you. I can still remember the coconut banana's.... mmmmmm. They have a guy who takes pictures of the rafts and you can buy one of you rafting, for a souvenier.

At any rate, it's not a white water trip, mostly very mild with a few small rapids. The bus ride there however can be white knuckle. Where did those guys learn to drive?!?:eek:

• 1 month later...

We are on the Coral Princess April 17 with stop in Limon. Are planning on doing the raft trip but we both wear glasses. Are there goggles or anything for those with glasses or do you just wear them and hope they don't fly in, or don't wear them and not see anything. Anyone have experience with this?

That is a good question, especially since we were planning on doing that also and DH wears glasses,

He said to go to the sports store and buy the sport strap that you put on the ends of your sunglasses to keeep them close to your face, that way they will not fall off and you can still see.

We did our rafting with Rio Tropicales....they firmly suggest those strings to hold on your glasses...buy them before you get there...much cheaper (they charge $7.00) I wore my glasses as I did not want to miss a thing but I wish I hadn't. (My DH didn't wear his and he was fine) It was raining (as it often does in CR) and you literally get soaked anyway...rain spotted wet glasses don't improve your vision!! If it was a nice sunny day I would probably leave them on. (You will still get wet though!) The strap does kept them securely in place however.

Also wear shoes that stay on your feet (sandals with straps, old runners...no flip-flops)) as you will get soaked and you have some rocky walking to and from. They will sell you water shoes at the shop @ $14.00 pr.

Take a complete change of clothing as well...Rio had very clean shower and change room facilities..water a little cool but it was clean!!

• 1 month later...

This excursion is a blast!!! Beginners are fine! I brought a water proof camera - they strung the handle on the lifevest strap and tucked it inside the vest and it was handy to take pictures (where the waters were calm). Fantastic trip!!

• 2 weeks later...

also did the Pacuare River rafting and I was a total novice, the guides were great. I don't wear glasses but I'm sun sensitive and can't go without sunglasses, the splashing didn't hurt anything but the strap I'd bought broke. Alex, who does the optional photos that you can buy of your white water rafting trip, fixed me up with some duck tape and it worked beautifully. Had an incredible time and returning to C.R. this year to spend more time there and more rafting!! If you haven't tried it-it's awesome. Definitely bring a change of clothes, you'll think you were sitting in the Shamu Splash zone and the scenery is beyond belief...the water was so fun that most everyone went swimming anyway towards the end, definitely take a waterproof camera- it doesn't get in the way of paddling, hangs right on your clips on the floatation vest- ready to use, have a great trip!

• 1 month later...
Is there anyone out there who has done the river rafting?--we are thinking about doing it thru the cruise line(coral princess 3/28/05)

I would like to know how it was...please give me any info

thanks.......:p

Did you go on the river rafting tour?? how was it ?? did you go thru the cruise line?? we are thinking of doing the same.

Archived