Booking Excursions on line

georgegirl

This is the way most of us do it. The information given for each excursion is fairly good and allows you to decide without pressure in the comfort of your own home. It's simple and the charge will go on your on-board account which you'll settle at the end of the cruise, either with cash or your credit card. The tickets will be delivered to your cabin. There's no difference in price doing it this way, or waiting until you're on board and get in line at the excursion office.

Just booked 4 excursion on the Costa Luminosa on line yesterday. I did have to call the Costa line because my user name was not correct. Once you register, make certain you do not forget your password and user name. You can see these ICON top right of the web page. register or log in.

I received confirmation via email this morning. I only wished they would have charged my credit card so we could have paid it off before we sail on September 10. But that is not the case. Now our cabin charges will be sky high. I will probably bring some travelers cheques to clear the excursion costs. All in all it is a very easy task. Go for it.

Yes, I agree having our Excursions paid in full prior to the trip would have been great. I will buy travelers cheque in EURO to offset the cost.

The Excursions in Europe are fairly expensive because the ports are usually away from the sites. On some of our ports of call we will just take on the atmosphere and ambiance of the port and city centers. We hit the Canary Island on 3 different ports so that is O.K. there. Spain twice and Portugal just once. We will be staying at the Bristol Palace in Genoa for one night. Our flight from Genoa to Rome leaves at 8:30 Am and the ship could not get us from Savona to Genoa via transfers on time. We have a 2 hour turnaround time for our flight from Rome to Toronto. I guess we will probably be last off the ship. I do not have any takers for our Roll Call. I guess we will have mostly European passengers. But then one must remember that the Cruise Critic Web site is for those who are aware it exists. So, I am certain we will have many English speaking cruise mates. They do guarantee our excursions will have an English speaking guide.

Enjoy your day

Archived