Group Benefits

JH1002

Hello -

It's been a long time between cruises for us! We have "lead" many group cruises in the past, not professionally but groups of friends, friends of friends, relatives... etc. In the past and on other cruise lines we were given a free spot for each "X" number of passengers we booked. We are now looking at a group on NCL, can anyone tell me if they have taken a group on NCL and what their experience was like? And did you get any "free" spot for bookings? Any unput would be most appreciated.

:)

JH,

I looked into booking as a group and as group leader you would get a credit to your room for the amount of the "most booked catagory" for every 8 cabins booked. Naturally the credit was for the price of the room only, not any taxes, fees/govt charges. Your group would also get "amenity credits" to use for things like a cocktail party, cabin credit, bottle of wine, etc. Points to be based upon the number of cabins booked.

After looking into it, I found it was MUCH cheaper to book with an outside agency. I 'lost out" on the "free" room but I wasnt keeping that anyway, I was going to split the difference with my group (extended family). My travel agent is giving us all a bottle of wine and $50 credit per cabin, so in the end, our group of 9 cabins are doing far better that what NCL was giving us.

However you decide to go, good luck and have fun!

Archived