Calabaza vs Silvermoon?

Seavoyage

Hi Everyone -

Trying to narrow between Calabaza and Silvermoon. Opinions very much appreciated here. Both operators seem to have similar ammenities and pricing. What is your preference and why?

Thank you in advance for kind replies.

Hi Everyone -

Trying to narrow between Calabaza and Silvermoon. Opinions very much appreciated here. Both operators seem to have similar ammenities and pricing. What is your preference and why?

Thank you in advance for kind replies.

Hello, We just booked with Calabaza for our October cruise. One big plus

was they got back to me right away. Explained everything in detail. Also, Calabaza was recommended by several posters. They both come recommended and I'm sure which ever one you pick will be fine. You have to go with your first gut feeling.

Enjoy your cruise:)

We were on Calabaza a couple weeks ago and I can't say enough good things about it! We are a family of 4 and we booked the excursion because it held a maximum of 12 people. Apparently, the other group backed out at the last minute and we ended up having the whole catamaran to ourselves - us and the 3 crew members, who were all friendly and a lot of fun. They didn't cut any corners because we were the only ones there. The food was plentiful and delicious! I can't recommend this excursion highly enough. I did see the Silver Moon catamaran because they stopped in the same areas we did and it looked very similar. Since I only have experience with Calabaza, I can't recommend one over the other, but I'd definitely book Calabaza again!

We are booked with Silvermoon on their 12 person catamaran cruise in August on our port day in Barbados. I received prompt responses from Silvermoon and booking with them was easy and simple. I too struggled with deciding on either Silvermoon or Calabaza as they both have great reviews but we eventually decided on Silvermoon. I don't think you can go wrong with either company. They both seem to cater to everyone's needs and I am sure you will great day with either one!

Thank you everyone for your input as it is sincerely appreciated! They both sound great - tough decision here. Just a follow-up - do you just stop in a couple places to snorkel and are they the same places where the other cats stop?

Thank you again...

Thank you everyone for your input as it is sincerely appreciated! They both sound great - tough decision here. Just a follow-up - do you just stop in a couple places to snorkel and are they the same places where the other cats stop?

Thank you again...

Well first, let me cast my vote for Calabaza. My wife and I were in Barbados for two weeks last Jan/Feb (we go at least every other year for 2 weeks) and went out with them 3 times. Always fantastic. The food and service is out of this world, plus Gina gives everyone a copy of the CD they play (with all the great sailing music on it-listen at home and it takes you back) plus she will email you the recipes for everything she served that day. I have not been on Silvermoon, but have seen good reviews for them too.

Along the west coast there are actually several places to snorkel. Where they go will depend on the weather. If the weather is good they usually go north. If its bad they stay on the more protected south west side and go down to the reef off of Accra (Rockley) Beach and for turtles to Oistins (The Gap). There are two or three turtle areas to the north and then several other areas like the ship wrecks, and a reef of the Sandy Lane resort (where Tiger Woods got married), and a few others. The nice thing about the smaller catamarans is they can get into a few areas that the big ones can't. So the Ship wreck area all the boats stop at, but Sandy Lane and one of the turtle areas only the smaller boats like Calabaza and Silvermoon can get to. Generally Calabaza will stop at 3 places to snorkel (you have to work off all that wonderful food and drink).

Either way enjoy. We love Barbados and hope to move their in about 5 more years!!

Well first, let me cast my vote for Calabaza. My wife and I were in Barbados for two weeks last Jan/Feb (we go at least every other year for 2 weeks) and went out with them 3 times. Always fantastic. The food and service is out of this world, plus Gina gives everyone a copy of the CD they play (with all the great sailing music on it-listen at home and it takes you back) plus she will email you the recipes for everything she served that day. I have not been on Silvermoon, but have seen good reviews for them too.

Along the west coast there are actually several places to snorkel. Where they go will depend on the weather. If the weather is good they usually go north. If its bad they stay on the more protected south west side and go down to the reef off of Accra (Rockley) Beach and for turtles to Oistins (The Gap). There are two or three turtle areas to the north and then several other areas like the ship wrecks, and a reef of the Sandy Lane resort (where Tiger Woods got married), and a few others. The nice thing about the smaller catamarans is they can get into a few areas that the big ones can't. So the Ship wreck area all the boats stop at, but Sandy Lane and one of the turtle areas only the smaller boats like Calabaza and Silvermoon can get to. Generally Calabaza will stop at 3 places to snorkel (you have to work off all that wonderful food and drink).

Either way enjoy. We love Barbados and hope to move their in about 5 more years!!

Thanks for the additional info from someone that has done their excursion. I'm very excited and can't wait for our day in Barbados:D

Gina sounds like a great lady, can't wait to meet her. She explained everything to me in her e-mail and that really did it for me. I was sold.:)

Archived