Intercontinental or Springhill Suites??

nettenico

Please help in deciding which of these properties I should select. We're looking for a clean, convenient place to stay overnight before our cruise out of POM. Will be traveling this autumn with a seven year old child and will need access to a restaurant for dinner when we arrive as well as breakfast in the morning.

The Springhill Suites Miami Arts/Health location is a new property, offers free breakfast, shuttle service to POM and has gotten very decent reviews.

The more recent reviews that I have seen for the IC have been varied (with many comments about the rooms being in need of renovation). I'll be able to book a room at the IC for about $25 less than the Springhill Suites.

I've never stayed at either property in any of their locations. I'd like to book as soon as possible while the great rate for the IC is available.

I am not familiar with this specific Springhill property but am very familiar with the Intercontinental. I would highly recommend the Intercontinental. It's a very nice hotel and a nice place to stay occupied before you are ready to go over to the POM. It is located right near the bridge that takes you over to POM.

Keith

Do research re where the Springhill is. Many of these are not near much of anything. Do the reviews give any of that info?

The IC is a very large business type hotel with easy and quick access to Bayside for restuarants and a place to sit by the water, pick up a tour etc.

IC doesn't offer anything for free, so you have to be the judge of what you want.Approx. 10.00 cab ride to the port. approx. 25.00 to hotel from airport.

You can have breakfast at Bayside as well as dinner for a reasonable cost.

Please help in deciding which of these properties I should select. We're looking for a clean, convenient place to stay overnight before our cruise out of POM. Will be traveling this autumn with a seven year old child and will need access to a restaurant for dinner when we arrive as well as breakfast in the morning.

The Springhill Suites Miami Arts/Health location is a new property, offers free breakfast, shuttle service to POM and has gotten very decent reviews.

The more recent reviews that I have seen for the IC have been varied (with many comments about the rooms being in need of renovation). I'll be able to book a room at the IC for about $25 less than the Springhill Suites.

I've never stayed at either property in any of their locations. I'd like to book as soon as possible while the great rate for the IC is available.

I'm a fan of the Marriott hotel chain and have never been disappointed with a Springhill Suites. They have a pretty good spread for breakfast and are very kid friendly. The rooms have a separate living area from where the bed is placed another nice feature. You might want to call them directly to see if they will lower or match the IC's offer. Also, they do give discounts for AAA and gov't rates.

Thank you all so much for helping me. I should have mentioned that the Springhill rate that I quoted (which was higher than the IC) already reflected a discounted AAA rate. I took the last poster's advice and tried calling Springhill Suites, but I was unable to get them to lower the cost to match the IC. As a result, I went ahead and booked the Intercontinental while I was still able to secure the discount.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Archived