Which Month for Hawaii?

JMA

I would like to book a cruise in Hawaii next year, but have only cruised the Caribbean so far. Which month, Jan - April would the weather be the BEST? Living in Wisconsin, we like to escape the cruel winters, but also really want good weather there... Thanks ahead of time for your input...

JMA

I have a friend who lives in Honolulu and I asked him much the same question a couple of years ago before we went to Hawaii. His response to the weather was "fantastic." When we got to Hawaii in February, that's exactly what we found - fantastic weather. February is about the nest month for seeing whales, which you don't want to miss. We'll be there again on February 23rd, for 8 days, right after we complete out Tahiti cruise. We leave Thursday. 3 days, 1 hour, 19 minutes - but who's counting?

JMA

If Wisconsin winters are anything like Minnesota winters then anytime in Hawaii is got to be a good day. I use to fly to MN. from Hawaii every other Christmas. :eek: BURRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Well getting to your question.

Jan. and Feb. will see the most rain. Still every now and then a tropical storm may come through, but nothing big. You have the hurricane season from June to Nov. Another thing to remember is the winter storms out of the northwest Pacific. They tend to creat alot of rough seas and swells out of the north. These usually take place from Nov. thru late Feb. These swells generate the 30+ feet waves that you hear so much about from Hawaii. A side note, in Hawaii the wave is measured from the back and not the front. So the front of the wave is twice that. I can't tell you what month to pick, I can tell you what I have experienced as far as the weather goes. I was born in Hawaii, moved to NY at 9 yaers old, moved back to Hi. at 17, moved to Fl. (under protest) at 42. Lived most of my life in Hawaii, I call it Home.

Weather report highs in the low 80s, lows in the mid 60s, trades winds out of the east at 5 to 10 mph, windward and mauka(mountain) showers. Hope this helps, enjoy the "Land of Aloha".:)

Robert

Archived