ama legendary danube,8/19-terezin tour?

dwindy

I will be taking this trip. after reading many threads about the optional prague trip to Terezin, i am not sure that the excursion will go out. It seems that there needs to be a certain minimum number of guests that need to be interested.

so, i am considering contacting Whitman tours, (learned about this company from a thread) about their tours.

is there anyone out there who could make a suggestion?

should i go ahead and contact Whitman before leaving ?

should i take the chance that the AMA tour will or will not go out?

is there anyone out there who are on this cruise, who are planning on going?

any help would be appreciated.!

• 1 month later...

Here is the name of the tour group that I am going to use for the tour. I too am worried that the AMA tour will not go due to lack of participants. This outfit was used by my son when he was in Prague.

The meeting point / bus departure point: Na Příkopě 23, Prague 1 (in front of the house No. 23). It is very easy to find – just a 5min walk from Mustek underground station (5 min from Wenceslas Square) alternatively ask at the hotel reception, everyone in Prague knows.

In case of any difficulties finding our driver/guide, just call our toll free line at (+420) 800 870 888 or text us (SMS) to +420–777-777-237.

Tour finish approx. at 13:00 at Prague Centrum.

Total price for 2 persons is* 2200 CZK /* 75 GBP

Payment options: Pay the tour guide directly or visit the following link and pay online using your credit or debit card. It is impossible to pay the tour guide on the spot with your card.

Link to make an online payment: https://www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk/ver_utf/test/inc/paypal.php?id_zakazky=128554

• daily at 9:00 am, lasts 5 hrs

• BUS + ON FOOT incl. entrance fees

• price per person: 1100 CZK, students 1000 CZK, children 900 CZK

• optional pickup from your hotel - free of charge

Kind Regards,

Prague Airport Transfers sro

http://www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk <http://www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk/>

Prague +420-222-554-211 / +420-777-777-237

Toll Free Phone in Prague 800 870 888

Sorry I can't really help you with your decision but wanted to let you know that the trip to Terezin had a whole bus load on our AMA cruise. Very interesting....can't really say fun, but enlightening - just like our whole trip. The optional trip to Berlin did not have enough participants and did not go. AMA sent about 12 of us on a huge bus to the Saltzkammergut...they could have canceled that option with only 12 interested, but they didn't.

I would go ahead and contact Whitman tours and sign up ahead of time. If you just show up in front of the Intercontinental without a voucher it sometimes gets confusing. Whitman's guides to Terezin are extremely scholarly and are often related to survivors or victims of the Holocaust making it an experience you will never forget.....

Archived