Rhaposdy 6/25/10 Review

6/23/10

We flew into SeaTac and used Shuttle Express to get us to the Hyatt at Olive 8. We booked through priceline for 105 per night

6/24/10

Started out in Seattle with the Savor Seattle tour of Pike Place Market. This was one of our favorite tours as it took us behind the scenes at the Market and allowed us to taste vendors products. After the Market we went to the Underground City tour. We were not very impressed with this tour. Then off to the Space Needle.

6/25/10

Took a cab from the hotel to the port. Cost was $20 including tip Embarked on the Rhapsody of the Seas at approximately 11:30 am. Embarkation went very smoothly. Went to lunch at the Windjammer and were in our room by 1:00 pm. Enjoyed the the ship the rest of the day.

6/26/10

Day at Sea and the Captains welcome aboard party

6/27/10

Arrived at Juneau at 11:00 am. We saw a bald eagle on the way into the port. After arriving, we took the shuttle into town where we got the Blue Bus to the Mendenhall Glacier. The glacier was beautiful and there are plenty of trails to hike on. Back to Juneua for some shopping and a refreshement break at the Red Dog Saloon. After dinner we went to the Past Cruisers party and then the show.

6/28/10

Arrived in Skagway at 7:00 am. We did Chilcoot Charters White Pass Rail and Yukon tour. The train ride was great and then we went on the van with Matt for our adventure into the Yukon. We did see 1 bear crossing the road. We had stops in Carcross, Emerald Lake, lunch and many photo ops. The tour was one of our favorites since beginning to cruise. Back to Skagway for shopping and a refreshment break at the Red Onion Saloon.

6/29/10

Awoke at 5:30 and went to the Windjammer to view Tracy Arm Forde and the Sawyer Glacier. The scenery was fantastic and the glacier was great. I only wish we had a little more time to view the glacier. The sound of the ice falling was delayed and loud. On the way out of the Strait we observed numerous seals and Orca whales. We relaxed at the Solarium in the afternoon in the pool and hot tub. We were privileged to dine with the Captain that night. It was the second formal night and the experience was great.

6/30/10

Day at Sea and time to relax at the Solarium. Took in a game show and on board shopping.

7/1/10

Arrived at Victoria at 9:00 am. We did whale watching with Orca Spirit and had a great time. We saw a pod of Orca’s who were resting. We did not see them breech but it was still incredible. On the way back we also saw a bald eagle and a California grey whale. After lunch, we walked into town and joined the Canadians in celebrating Canada day. We had a good time walking around, shopping and of course a refreshment stop at Bankers and Bard Pub. The closing show was the best of the week.

7/2/10

Sad day as we left the ship and headed to SeaTac for our trip home. Deembarkation was vey smooth. We used Shuttle Express to take us to the airport

Side notes

The ship was in good shape and the staff was friendly and helpful. The meals were good. We ate breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer and dinner in the dinning room. We were in cabin 7134 which had a balcony. The cabin was nice but we normally use it to shower, change and sleep. The shows were ok, nothing to get too excited about. The weather was good during the week with temps in Seattle of 72, Juneua 55, Skagway 58, Victoria 64. We had met some very nice people throughout the week and enjoyed our tablemates.

We had a great cruise and would highly recommend it to all.

Thanks for the review. I'm booked for next May on the Rhapsody and can't wait. I see you booked a balcony. I'm torn between my current outside cabin or upgrading to a balcony. Over $1000 in price difference. Did you use your balcony much or was it better to go view the scenery up on deck? Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks!

We used the balcony for limited times as it was very windy and cold out there. I must say we used it more than when we go to the Southern Carribean. There are good viewing areas on deck and the Windjammer provided an excellent place to see the Sawyer Glacier.

Thanks for the review. I'm booked for next May on the Rhapsody and can't wait. I see you booked a balcony. I'm torn between my current outside cabin or upgrading to a balcony. Over $1000 in price difference. Did you use your balcony much or was it better to go view the scenery up on deck? Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks!

If you can get the balcony on the back of the ship it will not have the wind and the views are fantastic

Archived