Pride cancels trips

So, if it is a mechanical problem they should just keep sailing the ship. Everyone was screaming at CCL when they kept sailing the Destiny when it had mechanical.....can't win no matter what they do:confused:

I can see a ship going into dry dock for mechanical for an immediate need, but not four months out. Most on here just tell the effected to just suck it up, spend more money for a different cruise, fly to another port ( even more money) and expect them to happy.

how about the NCL Jewel? Leaves on the 14th. insides $399, OV $449, BLC $649, and suites $799.

Does basically the same itinerary except for a private island.

Bill

thanks for your help but we can only go on 11/7. We have a pilot in our group that has very restricted vacation requests. Thanks for trying for us though - I REALLY appreciate your help!!!

Did you get your trip insurance through Carnival or from an outside place?

At least that should cover any losses you paid for the actual cruise.

I would call Carnival and see what else they can do for you and calmly explain why you do not feel the $50 onboard credit isn't going to be sufficient in the children's minds. Is the $50 credit per person or total for the stateroom?

Is this your first Carnival cruise? Make sure to tell them that and mention that in the future you might consider another cruiseline becaue of the dissapointment. Just don't get all irrate and angry. You may be surprised what you can come out with if you are nice about it.

Check and see if there are any other Ships leaving from that port on the same day. If there are other Carnival ships I would ask if there is any way to switch your bookings to that ship since this was Carnivals cancellation not yours.

I'm sure if they can get you onto another ship they will try because if you are not on the ship you are not spending money.

Be consistent and ask for someone higher than your PVP.

Its worth a try.

THank you for your suggestion. I'm calling Carnival tonight to see what I can come up with! THANK YOU!!!

I second this recommendation. We did this route on the Dawn several years ago and it was thoroughly enjoyable cruising from NYC and all the restaurant options make it even better. NYC is not that bad a drive from MD. I think the itinerary is actually a bit better. I'd rather go to the private island than Freeport plus you still get your trip to Universal and HP world and Atlantis!

Thanks for the great suggestion but we can only vacation 11/7. I'll check out the ship to see if it sails then! THANK YOU for your kindness and helpfulness. MOST people are here have had GREAT suggestions!!! THANK YOU to all the kind people!!!!

Thanks for the great suggestion but we can only vacation 11/7. I'll check out the ship to see if it sails then! THANK YOU for your kindness and helpfulness. MOST people are here have had GREAT suggestions!!! THANK YOU to all the kind people!!!!

I'm interested to see how Carnival handles this for you. I can definitely see why you are upset! Most families do have to coordinate vacation days and missed school days before booking a trip and I seriously doubt that Carnival has just this week decided to dry dock the ship. Maybe I'm wrong but I would think that would be scheduled very far in advance, more than 4 months and that Carnival could have given more notice to the passengers.

Will you give an update after speaking to them?

This was to be our 13th cruise, first on Carnival. We chose this cruise because we could drive to the port of Baltimore, we could afford to take our daughters family along with us, the GS's may only miss one week of school, and the 19th of Nov. is our 50th wedding anniversary. This was our only choice! Got any other suggestions??

Personally I would call Carnival and talk to them. Explain the situation and ask them what, if anything, can they do as far as a comparable cruise, a comparable time, etc. You may be surprised...then again maybe not. No harm in calling

This is the NCL Jewel departing on 11/7. I bet Carnival won't be too happy if people jump ship, lol, for another line.

Day Port Arrive Depart

Sun New York City - - 4:00 PM

Mon At Sea - - - -

Tue Orlando (Port Canaveral) 12:00 PM 10:00 PM

Wed Great Stirrup Cay 11:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Nassau 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri At Sea - - - -

Sat At Sea - - - -

Sun New York City 8:00 AM - -

I certainly hope this all works out. I can only imagine the anguish I would be in as I always book a year out as well.

THank you for your suggestion. I'm calling Carnival tonight to see what I can come up with! THANK YOU!!!

Please dont take this the wrong way.... but why wouldnt that have been the first thing you do instead of coming here?

You have wasted precious time where someone else in the same situation may have beaten you to the punch.

I just got off the phone with NCL, it is going to cost us approximately $500-600 more for this cruise out of NY. The cost to fly to FL is going to cost us between $1200-1500 for a different Carnival Cruise. We just went yesterday and ordered our passports and have been planning for the Pride since we booked in Feb! Total disappointment and not sure what to do now???????????? :mad: Hubby only has week of Nov 7 off from work so pretty much locked into that week! So sad! :(

I just got off the phone with NCL, it is going to cost us approximately $500-600 more for this cruise out of NY. The cost to fly to FL is going to cost us between $1200-1500 for a different Carnival Cruise. We just went yesterday and ordered our passports and have been planning for the Pride since we booked in Feb! Total disappointment and not sure what to do now???????????? :mad: Hubby only has week of Nov 7 off from work so pretty much locked into that week! So sad! :(

While I dont seem as sympathetic I am. Sorry. However as someone mentioned its not the worse thing that could happen.

If ours were canceled being our first cruise we would probably never attmept to do it again.

I do know we would try to do something else with the time and money afforded to us. You know spilt milk and all.

GL everyone.

Please dont take this the wrong way.... but why wouldnt that have been the first thing you do instead of coming here?

You have wasted precious time where someone else in the same situation may have beaten you to the punch.

Because I like to hear other people's information to make a more educated approach. This was to be my first cruise and I am a novice at it. I like to LISTEN to what other experienced people have to say. Also I wanted to calm myself down so I could communicate rationally. Thank you for your concern.

Because I like to hear other people's information to make a more educated approach. This was to be my first cruise and I am a novice at it. I like to LISTEN to what other experienced people have to say. Also I wanted to calm myself down so I could communicate rationally. Thank you for your concern.

Fair enough if it happens to me I would want to get to the source as soon as possible as they are the only ones that can resolve it and or compensate.

Ive learned that no two instances of anything are ever the same... That seems two fold when it comes to cruise lines as I have been reading.

Good luck and I hope sometinhg comes out of this for you (and others) at least at the vacation level.

Gosh,

The Jewel seems like a really good option for you. I ran the prices through a reputable online travel site for 11/7 and found:

Inside $429

Outside $479

Balcony: $679

Suite: $829

We are in a suite on the Dream for 10/30 and I paid $1259 per person. $829 looks really good to me! I hope that you can work this all out. I am sorry that the rug has been ripped out from under you. Have fun.

We sailed the Pride last November (Baltimore) and the Triumph (NYC) last July. Your commute to the Jewel would not be difficult.

I just had a conversation with Carnival. The first person I spoke with was a very lovely person. She didn't even know the cruise was cancelled. I had to inform her of the email I received and the details. She was extremly empathetic. I asked if we could be booked on a comparable cruise with no extra out of pocket expenses. I explained we could not incur the extra $2400 for flights for our group of 12 people to cruise out of another port. She transferred me to a sales rep. She was polite but not helpful at all. Carnival was not able to offer me a comparable cruise; but would be willing to offer me a more expensive cruise plus airfare. The sales rep spent most of her time explaining the difficulties Carnival has in scheduling a dry dock. I was disappointed that she had absolutely no empathy for our situation nor any comparable suggestions to try alternative plans to remedy a negative situation. Neither of the agents were able to tell me how or when I would receive my deposit. I was told the refund would take some time because they have to refund thousands of people and that would take some time. At this point I really have no idea what our group will plan to do.

[quote name='hilltoppermom']Yes, I am very upset as I have been planning this trip for over a year for a group of 12 people. Yes, I should be able to recoup my costs for passports and insurance. But my children are involved in the planning process because it's their vacation too. And yes they do know in August that Christmas is in December. It is very frustrating as the time I've put into planning this group vacation. We all work jobs that makes it very difficult to plan our vacation dates. So, I'm sorry you don't feel this is a loss. I guess to each his own opinion. But to my family this is a loss. Yes, everyone has their health and life goes on but it's very disappointing.[/quote]

I feel bad for you. I know the amount of planning I put into a trip for just my DW and I. Keep in mind, you don't HAVE to have passports for this cruise, nor did you HAVE to purchase insurance. Although they are good investments, they are optional purchases which CCL isn't responsible for reimbursing. I hope you can find something comparable.

Another thought, see if your travel insurance company is willing to transfer your insurance to a different cruise or vacation. It can't hurt to ask nicely and hope for the best.

If a cruise doesn't work, maybe try renting one of the big beach houses along the ocean. Your family would still be together. Good Luck!

I really thought or was at least wishing tCarnival would do more for you and other passengers like you... I dont think that 4 months is enough notice for a dry dock and agree that they should offer better compensation than what they have.

Hopefully you will be able to find something else for your family to do and will make many special memories that will help erase the memories of this mess...

Good Luck,,

[quote name='Grannycb']Another thought, see if your travel insurance company is willing to transfer your insurance to a different cruise. It can't hurt to ask nicely and hope for the best. Good Luck![/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion- I'm going to give that a try!

[quote name='Thestapels']I feel bad for you. I know the amount of planning I put into a trip for just my DW and I. Keep in mind, you don't HAVE to have passports for this cruise, nor did you HAVE to purchase insurance. Although they are good investments, they are optional purchases which CCL isn't responsible for reimbursing. I hope you can find something comparable.[/quote]

Yes, I realize that we didn't have to get passports nor insurance. I also realize those aren't items that would be reimbursable. Yes, there are worse things in life to happen; believe me I know but the whole thing just really makes me sad!

[quote name='hilltoppermom']I just had a conversation with Carnival. [/quote]

Yeah that sucks. I can see the vacation being cancelled and possibly losing out a little bit of coin but for them to not be able to offer a time frame when the monies would be refunded?

I dont know how the insurance works but could you use them for cancelation?

[quote name='hilltoppermom']I just had a conversation with Carnival. The first person I spoke with was a very lovely person. She didn't even know the cruise was cancelled. I had to inform her of the email I received and the details. She was extremly empathetic. I asked if we could be booked on a comparable cruise with no extra out of pocket expenses. I explained we could not incur the extra $2400 for flights for our group of 12 people to cruise out of another port. She transferred me to a sales rep. She was polite but not helpful at all. Carnival was not able to offer me a comparable cruise; but would be willing to offer me a more expensive cruise plus airfare. The sales rep spent most of her time explaining the difficulties Carnival has in scheduling a dry dock. I was disappointed that she had absolutely no empathy for our situation nor any comparable suggestions to try alternative plans to remedy a negative situation. Neither of the agents were able to tell me how or when I would receive my deposit. I was told the refund would take some time because they have to refund thousands of people and that would take some time. At this point I really have no idea what our group will plan to do.[/quote]

[SIZE=3]I would try again ;). Give them a call....get a different agent. Who knows, maybe you will get a different answer :cool:.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]If you have been on these boards more than a few minutes - you know that Carnival is famous for giving different answers to the same question :eek:.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Give it a try....you have nothing to lose![/SIZE]

Carnival is treating its customers in a very unprofessional matter here. I seem to be straying away from them more so than being drawn towards them especially after our last cruise.
I would book me another cruise of your choice and not let the 50 bucks enter the picture. There not the only boat afloat.

Archived