So that people stop asking about Elegant Night...

ChefSusan

travelntreats.....I totally agree with you. Who quit and made the OP a BB HOST.....pleeeeeze:rolleyes:??

And whats worse is the OP did not give out totally accurate info, so perhaps the question needs to be asked a GAZILLION times ! :eek::D:)

And whats worse is the OP did not give out totally accurate info, so perhaps the question needs to be asked a GAZILLION times ! :eek::D:)

Someone on Cruise Critic gave out wrong information? I find that hard to believe. :rolleyes:

Your first Elegant Night will be the first day at sea.

If you are on a cruise longer than 5 days, your second Elegant night will be two nights before you return to the ship's home port.

For example: on Carnival Legend, the first Elegant Night is the first day at sea; the second Elegant Night is the fourth stop (Roatan).

Hope this will cut down on the number of threads on this topic that are out there!!!

Thank you for the info ... please see my itinerary

9/11/2010

New York, NY

----

4:00 PM

9/12/2010

Boston, MA

2:00 PM

10:00 PM

9/13/2010

Portland, ME

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

9/14/2010

Saint John, NB, Canada

9/15/2010

Fun Day at Sea

9/16/2010

Halifax, Ns, Canada

7:00 AM

9/17/2010

Fun Day at Sea

9/18/2010

New York, NY

----

----

So based on your assessment...

My first elegant evening would be 9/15/2010

Fun Day at Sea

and the second would be

9/16/2010

Halifax, Ns, Canada

Sorry not sure that this would make sense logistically

Me thinks ChefSusan should.....stick to the cookin' and not the dining reservations ! :)

Thanks for reminding me why I didn't read these boards for such a long time...and why I'll probably take another long hiatus. Peace.

Thanks for reminding me why I didn't read these boards for such a long time...and why I'll probably take another long hiatus. Peace.

Well, if you can't take a little joke as my previous post was.... I hate it for ya......

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeya

The OP didn't really give accurate information.

From Carnival

Cruise Elegant Evenings

The length of the cruise determines the number of Cruise Elegant evenings in the Dining Room. The first Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise; the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

* 1-day cruise: none

* 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening

* 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

I have a 9 day cruise next year, here's my plan - take 2 nice outfits/dresses because there will be 2 dressy nights on the 9 day cruise. Then hang them up when I get onboard and wait for the nightly paper to tell me if the next night will be dressy night. That way I won't have to worry about day 2, 3, 5, 6 OR 297!:D

Your first Elegant Night will be the first day at sea.

If you are on a cruise longer than 5 days, your second Elegant night will be two nights before you return to the ship's home port.

For example: on Carnival Legend, the first Elegant Night is the first day at sea; the second Elegant Night is the fourth stop (Roatan).

Hope this will cut down on the number of threads on this topic that are out there!!!

When would my Formal night be on a 10 day cruise?

When would my Formal night be on a 10 day cruise?

OMG! :eek:Please don't say "formal night"!!!! We'll have Stevaaaaaaa in here blowing a gasket about it being "Elegant Night" not "formal Night"! :rolleyes: ssshhhhhhhhhhh

Actually I wouldn't know. ;)

Sorry, I was playing off of someone who (used to?) (almost) always posts John Who when John Heald is mentioned. :)

HA! Yeah, still too new to have caught that one. Sorry. LOL

Who is John Heald? That name rings a bell.

You just HAD to go there!? LOL:D

I have to say, the harsh tone of the OP (whether intended or not) makes me want to open three new theads to ask about dress code on elegant nights just for the hell of it!! ;)

Don't worry, several other people, who did not read this thread, will.

Ive been doing a lot of research and I can't find a consistent answer because it seems to change so instead of asking when the formal night will be on a 4 day cruise, can someone tell me how you find out when you get there which night is formal night? Will it say so on the capers?

Ive been doing a lot of research and I can't find a consistent answer because it seems to change so instead of asking when the formal night will be on a 4 day cruise, can someone tell me how you find out when you get there which night is formal night? Will it say so on the capers?

Yes, you will find this information in the ship's newspaper (Capers).

Here, you can see it listed right under the word "Dinner" ...

Day_Seven_Capers_001.jpg

Archived