Tour company "ThisisCozumel" any good?? Reliable???

momof4boyz

I am looking at booking a tour with this company too. A tour to Passion Island. I have been emailing a guy by the name of Ian. I want to think that this is legit. I have not found a way to contact Passion Island directly. We dont want to do the tour sponsored by Carnival, becuase of the TWISTER. Maybe someone will chime in and help us both out.

I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago when I was looking to book Passion Island. I found quite a few posts on here from other people going back several years from people that have used This is Cozumel in the end, so I went a head and booked... they've been very professional so far, I'll try to remeber to come back here later to let you know how we got on!

Here are some of the posts I found about them, they all seem to be positve!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21081836#post21081836

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24768829#post24768829

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24771703#post24771703

Jerry

Just booked it through this is cozumel. so far so good, great quick email transactions. I had to put a $90 deposit down for 5 people thru pay pal. seems like it will all work out. i'll post the results when i get back.

We used them last year very good . Did the jeep thing and we were the only jeep. Finding the guy was a little tricky but after that we jumped in the jeep did a little 4 wheeling and caught a small boat over to Passion and had a great time.

This week I booked Pasion Island with "This is Cozumel" and just recieved my confirmation. They have been pleasant to work with thus far. Email replies were prompt and very detailed and personable. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a fantastic cruise, despite Tropical Storm Bonnie bringing rain here or there at the end! I promissed to report back about our Passion Island tour with thisiscozumel.com, so thought I'd better let you all know how we got on! :D

We booked the $65 package with transport included in the end and everything went very smoothly. The meeting point downtown was easy to find and the transport was on time. The drive to the north of Cozumel is fairly short (about 25 minutes I think), then we were taken on a small boat across a calm sea to Passion Island itself. Wow!!! It really is a getaway like they say!! Its spacious, so even though there were a few ships in Cozumel the day we were there it didn't feel crowded like beach clubs often do. The sea was the most amazing turquoise I've seen (the staff said the sand bottom makes the color more vivid).

Everyone was very freindly and the food was good, although it's worth getting to the buffet earlier if you can so you have the full choice and don't miss the guacomole!

The open bar is for real too! We're not big drinkers but there was no limit on how many drinks you could ask for. They also have a bar where you can buy more expensive licors, but everyone seemed to be happy with teh complimentary margaritas and punch!

There are some cute gift shps there too, but in the end we just spent most the time relaxing on th beach and refreshing ourselves in the beautiful water now and again!

There was a group of people on our boat back that had bought the $45 This is COzumel package, they had a taxivan waiting for them when they got off. Sounds like a good option for larger groups as they were being taken straight back to the ship and it worked out quite cheap sharing like that they said.

Overall a great day out! Its hard to get back to the grind now after bringing back the wonderfull memories..!

Jerry, over-and-out!

Jerry, thank you so much for the update. I have a few questions for you. Was it kid friendly? How long was the boat ride? Was lunch out as soon as you got there? What time did you arrive? Did they have staff to entertain with activities?

Archived