Transportation help Maasdam Canada/New England

cruisecrzy

In the past, I have recommended Omni Parker House Hotel and others have said it worked out well for them. I truly hate giving this sort of recommendation as everyone's tastes, needs and budget is different.

This is an older hotel, fully renovated, and not 'cookie cutter' in that not all the rooms are the same so be careful when you book to specify just what your preferences and needs are.

A taxi from this hotel to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal (which I think might have just been renamed) is fast and easy. Fare is probably under $10.00.

Can someone please give me input about the best pre-cruise/post-cruise hotels and transportation for the Canada/New England Maasdam sailing?!

Thanks!

Try the Langham Hotel in Boston on Franklin Street. My father stayed there recently and said it was so much better than the Marroitt which he left as soon as a room opened up for him at the Langham. We are booked at the Nelligan Hotel in Montreal.

I would also research any Hyatts as we found out on these boads about the "Stay Certificates". They may start as low as $99.00. But, they are probably a better deal overseas where we will be staying at the Grand Hyatt in Dubai for $165.00 per night (with taxes) but the rates even online range from $450-$800.00 for the least expensive rooms. There is info on the Certificates on the Hyatt website.

Langham Hotel might not be a great choice for a weekend stay with its location in Financial District. Deserted on weekends.

Is Cafe Fleuri still there?

If recommending high end, I'm more apt to choose Four Seasons. We love that hotel and whenever we stay in the city, that is our choice.

I think I may have mentioned Hotel Nelligan on this board. Our friends stayed there but we never have. Very convenient location for Montreal Cruise Terminal and Old Montreal district.

Langham Hotel might not be a great choice for a weekend stay with its location in Financial District. Deserted on weekends.

Is Cafe Fleuri still there?

It is a 5 minute walk to Faneuil Hall, and not much further to the North End.

Yes, Cafe Fleuri is still there.

Archived