Help! Cab or shuttle from Ft. lauderdale airport to Miami port??

taliacamp

Hello Friends,

I am about to book the Carnival Glory 7 day cruise on November 14th from Miami. I am having a real hard time finding a reasonable flight into Miami, they all depart at the wrong times that I need. I can get a good flight into Ft. lauderdale though. I know Carnival offers a shuttle from the ft. lauderdale airport. Should we book the shuttle or take a cab? What would be the advantages of both. Thanks in advance, only our second cruise so still kind of a newbie:o

Hello Friends,

I am about to book the Carnival Glory 7 day cruise on November 14th from Miami. I am having a real hard time finding a reasonable flight into Miami, they all depart at the wrong times that I need. I can get a good flight into Ft. lauderdale though. I know Carnival offers a shuttle from the ft. lauderdale airport. Should we book the shuttle or take a cab? What would be the advantages of both. Thanks in advance, only our second cruise so still kind of a newbie:o

A cab from the Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami will cost you about $70-80.

We are doing the same thing. Airfare rates are a lot cheaper flying into Fort Lauderdale than Miami. I don't know how many people you are traveling with, we are traveling with 9. The cheapest shuttle that I found was thru Miami Cruise Transportation. www.miamicruisetransportation.com. For 1-4 people it is $90 each way from FL Airport to Port of Miami. For 5-10 people it was $100. Most of the other car services or shuttle services wanted around $130 each way. I was told that a taxi that sat 3 people would cost around $85 each way.

We have checked into this a little already for our next cruise. We also see a lot better prices for airfare into FLL. Although our cruise will leave from the Port of Miami. Carnival's shuttle cost is $30 pp each way. I got an est. for a cab and it was about $90 each way. I hope that this helps a little.

Agree with I am Canadian. I am using SAS transportation next week for my transfer to/from FLL and POM. I sent them an email and they responded within a couple of hours with instructions on when and where they will pick us up. It is $15/pp, which is much cheaper than Carnival's transfer which is $30/pp.

Hope this helps.

Agree with I am Canadian. I am using SAS transportation next week for my transfer to/from FLL and POM. I sent them an email and they responded within a couple of hours with instructions on when and where they will pick us up. It is $15/pp, which is much cheaper than Carnival's transfer which is $30/pp.

Hope this helps.

I'm Canadian and used them this past March. I will use them at Christmas too ! Great and reliable company.....

Charleyann

We used QLS transportation from Miami to FLL. They go both ways. They picked us up after the cruise and took us back to MIA.

We had a total of 5 in our party and the cost was $75 each way. We did not have to pick up any other people. Great communication and we even changed pick up times at the last minute which was not a problem.

I would use them again if I'm ever in the area again!!

SAS Transportation... ridesas.com - used them in February for exactly the same purpose. $15/person each way vs Carnival's $30 and were able to make a stop for 'supplies'.

'Supplies'...elaborate please. We will be in MIAMI... Just wondering if we're on the same train of thought. Email: JRoadZ at gmail dot com if not appropriate for this forum. LOL

I was leaning towards Miami Cruise Transportation $68 from MIA to Port of Miami for 1-4 people...but it's 2 adults and 2 toddlers. SAS Transportation is $15 per adult and $10 per child under 11 yers old (mine are 3 years and 1 year old) so $50 beats $68 any day of the week. I'm just waiting to see if SAS's price of $50 includes driver gratuity because Miami Cruise Transportation of $68 does include gratuity already.

.....but come to think about it. Even if I tipped 20% to SAS if the $50 didn't include gratuity = $10 = $60, which still trumps $68 at Miami Cruise Transportation.

Peace all.

'Supplies'...elaborate please. We will be in MIAMI... Just wondering if we're on the same train of thought. Email: JRoadZ at gmail dot com if not appropriate for this forum. LOL

I was leaning towards Miami Cruise Transportation $68 from MIA to Port of Miami for 1-4 people...but it's 2 adults and 2 toddlers. SAS Transportation is $15 per adult and $10 per child under 11 yers old (mine are 3 years and 1 year old) so $50 beats $68 any day of the week. I'm just waiting to see if SAS's price of $50 includes driver gratuity because Miami Cruise Transportation of $68 does include gratuity already.

.....but come to think about it. Even if I tipped 20% to SAS if the $50 didn't include gratuity = $10 = $60, which still trumps $68 at Miami Cruise Transportation.

Peace all.

If you are flying into FLL and need transportation to a Miami area hotel then SAS is for you. ;) If you are staying in Miami, SAS will not pick you up and take you to POM - taxis are the way to go; a mini-van cab will work for your group. Good luck!:)

SAS is great. We had them pick us up (4) at FLL drop off at Gallery One Doubletree for 1 nt pre-cruise stay - they picked us up the following morning for drop off at Miami port & picked us up post cruise at port /drop off FLL. I don't remember the exact prices of all the transfers but it was quite reasonable. Email the company they are reliable. Prices did not include driver gratuity though. Enjoy your cruise

If you are flying into FLL and need transportation to a Miami area hotel then SAS is for you. ;) If you are staying in Miami, SAS will not pick you up and take you to POM - taxis are the way to go; a mini-van cab will work for your group. Good luck!:)

Boo, you're right. I just got an email from SAS this morning and they told me they don't have licenses to pick up passengers at MIA...only FLL.

Archived