Camp Carnival Questions-on the Pride 7/25-8/1

Tem221

TIA

First cruise with the kids...ages 12, 9(girls), and 7 (boy). Will you seasoned family cruisers offer some tips/suggestions? Our kids are excited about the camp, and we want it to be a good experience...do they just play video games and stuff while they are there? Do you send them for the dinner time, so you can have a relaxing/stress-free dinner?

All helpful tips are appreciated!!

I was just on the Pride last week. My 9yo son loved Camp Carnival. The only time we got to see him was at dinner and during excursions. I had my son picked up at midnight each night. Some nights he was ready to go, other nights he wanted to stay longer. One night they had a late night party that ended at 3:30AM. When the party was over, the camp carnival staff walked each child to their stateroom. The kids absolutely loved it.

My 15yo daughter would just meet friends there and then they did their own thing.

All in all, I think your kids will really enjoy camp carnival and you will enjoy your time to relax. :-)

I was just on the Pride last week. My 9yo son loved Camp Carnival. The only time we got to see him was at dinner and during excursions. I had my son picked up at midnight each night. Some nights he was ready to go, other nights he wanted to stay longer. One night they had a late night party that ended at 3:30AM. When the party was over, the camp carnival staff walked each child to their stateroom. The kids absolutely loved it.

My 15yo daughter would just meet friends there and then they did their own thing.

All in all, I think your kids will really enjoy camp carnival and you will enjoy your time to relax. :-)

Did you have to pay the extra for the time after 10pm? Also, I'm assuming the late night party was a planned event, so that was included and not the extra babysitting fee? We are taking our kids on their first cruise, and we will probably want to take advantage of the paid services a couple of evenings...so I am curious about the activities too...

The extra fees were $6/child until midnight. After midnight, the prices went up to $1.50/child/15 min....so basically $6/hour but you are charged on the 1/4 hour. The late night party was a $26 fee. This includes free arcade time and a bunch of other things. I wasn't so lucky to have those fees waived that night.

Thanks for the information so far...

Another question...is the camp opened for specific hours during the day? What are your thoughts/input on the dinnertime option for them to eat there?

The extra fees were $6/child until midnight. After midnight, the prices went up to $1.50/child/15 min....so basically $6/hour but you are charged on the 1/4 hour. The late night party was a $26 fee. This includes free arcade time and a bunch of other things. I wasn't so lucky to have those fees waived that night.

Thanks for the info!

camps are broken down into age groups.

2-5 -

6-8

9-11

12-14

15-17

camps are closed from noon til 2 every day. and most nights close at 5 and opens back at 7pm.

Having early dinner helps kids with the group activities.

kids in the 9-11 group can sign them selves in and out with a parents permission. They need this signuture to do the ship wide scavenger hunt.

after 10 is 6.00 per chld but you get a price break for the 2nd and 3rd for only 5.00pp per hour ( never heard where they charged extra after midnight- actually thought they needed to be picked up by that time)

there will be a registration the first night- its very important especially for the 12 year old to go to meet the kids on the sailing. kids of this age tend to hang out with each other instead of doing the programs. (a rule for your 12 year old is to stay out of the cabin areas --she should not go to any ones cabin for any reason---meet her friends in the public area.

When we took the kids on their first cruise---dinner with us was mandatory- it was the only time we saw them except on port days.

dinner with the counselors-- you take the kids to the lido deck and they are given a choice of foods to pick. (from our last cruise it did not seem like many kids took this option.)

my opinion--take your kids to the dining room - try new foods. What we did was order one thing we never tried before and we all tried it and passed it around. We ordered a soup each night to try-if we didnt like it we didnt waste any money. We found we loved the chill soups like the strawberry soup and did not like the pheasent---it was a boney bird.

Portions are small so ask for more

The no cabin rule will be a requirement. Not sure if I will let my 9yr old sign herself out!

I thought the dinner for the kids was 6pm? I am thinking they may want to do that some nights but perhaps the formal nights we would eat together.

Did your children mention what kinds of activities they did..hope it is not all video stuff.

I would also add that during Port days, the club is open all day, not closed from 12-2 and they will take the kids to lunch. They then close around 4:30 or 5:00.

Activities included arts and crafts, games, foosball, videos, scavenger hunts, etc. They had the magician from the cruise come and perform with them and then they joined him on stage too one night!

Our son has been on 2 cruises, once as 5.5 year old and once as a 6.5 year old. Both times, he has loved it, love it, loved it! (two different age groups too!) I didn't let him stay for the late night camp the first time, but I did the second time let him stay until midnight one night.

As for the dinner option, first night, our son eats with us. We then give him the option of if he wants to eat with us or with Camp. He usually choices camp! That gives us a nice, unhurried dinner. This year, we are going to do the Steakhouse on the Legend and he won't have a choice, but to eat with Camp one night. But I don't think that is going to be a problem. When I asked him which he would rather do, a cruise or go to Disneyworld, he chose the cruise! (and he has been to Disneyworld several time!)

I would also add that during Port days, the club is open all day, not closed from 12-2 and they will take the kids to lunch. They then close around 4:30 or 5:00.

Activities included arts and crafts, games, foosball, videos, scavenger hunts, etc. They had the magician from the cruise come and perform with them and then they joined him on stage too one night!

Our son has been on 2 cruises, once as 5.5 year old and once as a 6.5 year old. Both times, he has loved it, love it, loved it! (two different age groups too!) I didn't let him stay for the late night camp the first time, but I did the second time let him stay until midnight one night.

As for the dinner option, first night, our son eats with us. We then give him the option of if he wants to eat with us or with Camp. He usually choices camp! That gives us a nice, unhurried dinner. This year, we are going to do the Steakhouse on the Legend and he won't have a choice, but to eat with Camp one night. But I don't think that is going to be a problem. When I asked him which he would rather do, a cruise or go to Disneyworld, he chose the cruise! (and he has been to Disneyworld several time!)

Great info..that is what I am looking for!

send me an email at serene56 at aol.com and when I get to work on Monday I will sent you some kid camp pages so you can see.

Stuff varies from week to week depending on the counselors

send me an email at serene56 at aol.com and when I get to work on Monday I will sent you some kid camp pages so you can see.

Stuff varies from week to week depending on the counselors

Will do!

Archived