Will we be able to find a taxi to take us from Mullet Bay to Maho?

CariBear

I have read about the 10-15 minute walk from Mullet Bay to Maho, but we will be with 2 young children...no stroller....and I do not feel that this will be a pleasant walk for us. Will we be able to find a taxi that will take us from Mullet Bay to Maho??

I remember going to Mullet Bay in 2001 and we had to walk pretty far to even catch a taxi to begin with....seemed like not many taxis were waiting to take people back to the pier.

Thanks!

I would say that you would have to be very lucky to just come across a taxi at Mullet when you wanted to leave. Given the very short distance from Mullet to Maho I would highly doubt that the driver who dropped you at Mullet would even come all the way back to get you to drop you just a very short way to Maho beach. You may want to rent a car or hire a taxi for the day. The other option would be for one of the adults to walk to the Maho Entertainment area, which would take less than 10 minutes, get a taxi and go back for the rest of the family.

This is what I was afraid of......guess we might have to forget about Mullet and just do a tour and go to Le Galion and Maho instead.

Thanks for the info though!

Le Gallion is a great beach for small children. As much as I love Mullet Bay I would recommend Le Gallion over Mullet for kids. In March the waves were quite strong on one of our outings to Mullet and we could not snorkel or go out very far that day because of the power of the waves pushing us back to shore. In my opinion you will have a more relaxing time playing with and watching your children at Le Gallion.

Archived