Quick transportation to Miami Airport??

We booked a 1:20pm flight out of Miami on the day of disembarkion. What is a good method of transportation to the Miami airport from the port of Miami and the aprox.cost for 2? If taxi is the best method, are there cabs waiting at port? Thanks!

EOS 1999 / Maasdam 2003 / Voyager of the Seas 2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Take a cab. Will you also take my luggage for me.

Two week adventure
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;11;27;17;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
RCC Voyager 11/04 (2 weeks)
HAL Maasdam 11/03 (2 weeks)
HAL Volendam 04/02
SQ Sunbird 01/00
RCC Enchantment 01/99 (my wedding)

The only problem with a 1:20 flight will be the hours you will spend at the airport. If it were me (and we have done this many many times) I would take my time getting off the ship (enjoy coffee and relax while everyone else is running around like crazy people, and walk off the ship around 10. Than claim your luggage, and if you are lazy like me, pay one of the porters to do the work. They will wheel your luggage past customs, take you outside, get a taxi, load your luggage, and you will be at the airport in about 15 minutes. The best part is that the taxi will cost you about $24 and the porter a $5 tip. Total cost = $29 (for 2 or more) and you will be at the airport terminal with no hassles, no waiting till a transfer bus is ready to leave the pier, and you will save money over the transfer prices. Couldn't be easier!

Have a great cruise

Hank

A taxi from the port to the airport is a flat rate of $21 plus tip regardless of the number of people. There will be plenty of taxis outside the terminal building. Don't leave the port too late as the Miami airport is very crowded and there can be very long lines to check baggage and long lines for security.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Archived