Road To Hana on a Harley?

TSUmom

Has anyone ever done the road to Hana on a motorcycle? If so would you recommend it or was your experience not so great. I have done that trip by car but my DH (who has yet to see Hawaii) would like to take a bike. I know the roads are winding and it can rain. I am not sure how a motorcycle would handle in these situations. Any thoughts would be great.

Thank you for your reply. We too have a Harley at home and enjoy scenic rides. I read somewhere that it is not too pleasant when you get stuck behind a tour bus..I can imagine the exhaust would be aweful.

Thank you for your reply. We too have a Harley at home and enjoy scenic rides. I read somewhere that it is not too pleasant when you get stuck behind a tour bus..I can imagine the exhaust would be aweful.

Luckily, there will be places where the tour buses will pull over for photo op's (or you will want to) and so you won't be riding behind them for long. :) We've done the Road to Hana twice and I'd do it again. Seems depending on the time of year and which stops you make, you're always seeing something different.

Have a great time!

Archived