Sapphire Princess-July 18th (Alaska)

xoxmusicxox

Hi,

I'm going on this cruise in a week, and I just have a few questions:

1. What do the mini suites look like on the Dolphin deck?

2. What are the evening shows like on this cruise? (for people that have already been on the same cruise a few weeks ago to answer)

3. I know the Sapphire is a smaller ship than the Caribbean, but is the inside a lot different in design?

4. Should I have gone with the sit down dinner plans, or is anytime dining okay?

5. How many teens are usually on the summer cruises?

6. What are some good hotels in Seattle?

This will be my 4th cruise, and 2nd cruise with Princess cruise lines, but I've never been on an Alaskan cruise with Princess during the peak summer season before.

Thanks!

any other info would be much appreciated :) so excited!

There is a video on u-tube that shows a mini-suite that will show you what to expect

We like anytime dining because we don't have to rush to eat at a certain time, traditional is great because the waiters get to know your preferences. I think either way, you will be fine.

Your not going to find the international cafe or vines on the sapphire, but the Sapphire is a beautiful ship and you will love it.

Hi,

I'm going on this cruise in a week, and I just have a few questions:

1. What do the mini suites look like on the Dolphin deck?

They have a sitting area with a sofa/2 TV's/Bathtub.

The balconies are uncovered

2. What are the evening shows like on this cruise? (for people that have already been on the same cruise a few weeks ago to answer)

3. I know the Sapphire is a smaller ship than the Caribbean, but is the inside a lot different in design?

The dimensions are pretty much the same, Sapphire does not have a Riviera deck hence 500 less people. The Sapphire has a great Promanade deck wide enough for full teak loungers.

The interior is very similar only it has 4 smaller anytime themed DR's and 1 large traditional DR aft,

4. Should I have gone with the sit down dinner plans, or is anytime dining okay?

Anytime is fine, it depends if you like rigid eating times that traditional dining has.

5. How many teens are usually on the summer cruises?

If you call Princess they will give you the exact breakdowbn by age.

6. What are some good hotels in Seattle?

We stayed at the Silver Cloud (Stadium). Free shuttle to the pier and the rooms over look Safeco Field (home to the MLB Seattle Mariners). No shuttle from the airport though.

This will be my 4th cruise, and 2nd cruise with Princess cruise lines, but I've never been on an Alaskan cruise with Princess during the peak summer season before.

Thanks!

any other info would be much appreciated :) so excited!

Have you checked out the roll call for your cruise?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1153639

In Seattle we recently stayed at the Inn at Harbor Steps. No shuttles, but the taxi to the pier was only about $12. The room was great, with a gas fireplace and beautiful view, full breakfast, wine and cheese in the evening, and only about 3 blocks from Pike Pl Market. We got it on expedia for only $127 a night. Would stay there again in a minute.

As for the entertainment, go to Crooners and listen to Arny G, the singer and pianist there. He is the very best on any ship IMHO. Sings all requests and can do just about anything you ask.

Also, Kat Kramer, one of the singers on stage for the main production shows is great.

Have a wonderful cruise. We did this cruise twice this year and wish we were joining you again!

Archived