Travel agents charging a extra fee?

Gingee

If the TA is charging a fee for booking the Air seperatly from the cruise , then that is totally justified.:rolleyes:

Airlines don't pay TA comm. anymore and it's often a lot of extra work compared to booking a cruise for you.

I was shocked when I saw a $25 service charge from our TA show up on my credit card. When I questioned her about it, she said she always charges it and she must've charged it on my roomie's card last time we sailed together.

Sometimes she's worth it. For our Alaska cruise, she was in there the moment bookings opened and got us our first choice in cabin, plus when we found price drops afterward she went in and took care of them for us.

This time around, not so much, though; her turnaround time on questions and requests has been absolutely abysmal, and we haven't asked much of her (just a few little things like linking reservations with friends so we can dine together, getting travel insurance, putting prepaid tips on our bill).

I'd probably classify you as being equally ridiculous, and also uninformed.

1) You assume that an agent literally walks from one booking to another

2) You assume that a booking only takes 15 minutes from beginning to end

3) You don't know if the price was discounted in the first instance.

I have just put together a booking for a client that I have, at best guess spent 3 hours working on for her and her in-laws.

Perhaps you should put yourself in an agents shoes for a week or so before being so scathing.

Equally, if the price was quoted including the booking fee (which incidentally is something that I am not a fan of at all), if the booker was happy to pay as she felt it was a fair price to pay for her holiday, I don't see what the problem is.

I agree. Agencies are different. You could find an agency that doesn't charge a "booking fee" but rather a cancellation fee. I understand if someone doesn't want to pay a "booking fee" and tries another agency but what gets me is when people ASSUME things. Some people or most just don't understand the in and out's of it. :rolleyes:

I guess I have been spoiled with mine. I also see that Carnival has a new sale going on. My daughter said they can't cancel theirs to get the other promotion because it is a early sale (January). Never heard of that one either.

Archived