Cococay, Bahamas

rosie12345

Like others have said, don't stop at the first beach you see. My DH went exploring and found a gorgeous spot called "Barefoot Beach". Smooth sand and clear blue water- like the photos you see on the website. If I'm remembering correctly, they try and herd everyone to the left, so you want to head right after you get off ther tender boat. We spent the afternoon relaxing in the sun. We were on the Majesty, so there were half as many people as you will have on your trip. I have heard complaints about finding a lounge chair when bigger ships are there. One thing I wish I would have known was to bring a little cash. There were some private vendors set up with items to buy, but they only took cash (no Sea Pass). I didn't explore long to see what the prices were like, but there were some items there I wanted that I didn't want to bother to buy in Nassau at the straw market.

On another note....We didn't make it to CocoCay on our first Majesty cruise. The winds were too rough, so they couldn't get the tender boats there. We had a beautiful day at sea, and they put together plenty of acitivities onboard. We were fine with that at the time, but after getting to go on the island we were so disappointed we missed it the first time!

We booked our first cruise ever. First stop will be Cococay Bahamas. Reading through this forum I have not seen anything really nice about Cococay. Has anyone out there actually enjoyed Cococay? We are a family with 3 kids and I already found out that it is a good idea to bring water shoes...

Thanks for any inputs.

We love, love, love cococay. If you just want a day of sun and fun and relaxing, this is the spot for you!! 3 years ago when we were there, there was a little tractor with a trailer attached to it that was going around selling ice cold coronas from it. The guy driving it would even get off the tractor and deliver the beer right to our chair, if we flagged him down. Don't know if they still do that or not, but it was really great. On a side note, it is a really good idea to wear water shoes on any beach, not just cococay. There are all kinds of things hidden in the sand and in the water that could possibly ruin the end of a possibly great cruise. TRUST ME !! I know from experience.

Archived