Shore excursion prices increase 50% for UK passengers

AvayaUK

Brilliant! I join your laughter (or maybe tears?). I don't think this is indicative of the service you will get on your upcoming cruise which I'm sure you will enjoy, and hopefully they'll get it sorted soon. What I really don't understand (and obviously nor do they) is why the London office seems unable to explain it to them.

Good News. I accessed the HAL website this morning and it appears that the 'currency' problem has been resolved. Certainly the Dining and Shore Excursions were showing a $ symbol rather than £. The actual numbers remain the same.

Happy Cruising....:)

One of the problems we have had over the years with HAL is that they seem to think all their passengers are from USA.

Whether it is bookings, flights, special offers etc. Also once onboard they are not geared up to cope with non US passengers, no matter how many are aboard.

Sometimes it is just the smallest detail like all the trivia questions being about US TV programmes or it maybe the entertainment which no one outside US can understand.

A nice touch though on our recent Noordam cruise. On each leg the captain (John Scott) held a cocktail reception for non US passengers.

Archived