Cockroaches

Ali70

Whilst we have plenty of cockroaches on the island, and they are plenty large, they like dark places to live - it's not as though they are walking along the street. Public buildings are kept pretty clean so during your time ashore in St Georges and Hamilton (please don't miss beautiful St Georges!), or out on the beach, you are not very likely to see one. If you do, be assured that it is more worried about you than you are of it - just stamp your foot and it will run away.

Thanks jollyjones,

I definitely plan on going to St. Georges. It looks very picturesque. What would be your must see suggestions and do you think the dockyard is worth a visit (my ship isn't docking there)?

Thanks jollyjones,

I definitely plan on going to St. Georges. It looks very picturesque. What would be your must see suggestions and do you think the dockyard is worth a visit (my ship isn't docking there)?

Hi...I have never seen any cockroaches and have been there 5 times. St. George's, Hamilton and the Dockyard are all worth a visit. Whether you take the ferry or bus...the trip to all of these places are spectacular. Each part of Bermuda is worth the visit...:D Have fun....

Thanks jollyjones,

In St George's any or all of these are worth seeing:

1. St Peter's Church and the old streets and houses behind it.

2. The ducking of the nagging wife in the square each day at noon.

3. The National Trust museums, the Globe Hotel and the Tucker House. There are live performances in the Globe at 11.45 and 1.15, and in Tucker at 12.30.

4. Fort St Catherine.

5. Tobacco Bay

You can get a little train that does a tour around everything, or you may be able to find a carriage ride but they can be a bit hit and miss.

For refreshment, in town the best place is Wahoo's on Water Street; or over by Fort St Catherine, Blackbeard's does good food and has fabulous views.

Dockyard is worth half a day; go over and back by ferry and wander around the Maritime Museum, the Glassworks and the other old buildings, and the shops. Get and ice cream, or stop for a pint of beer in the Frog and Onion - a great pub.

Took that little train ride last year when we couldn't find the carraige ride. We thought it was the best way to see St. Georges and worth every penny. We are going back again this year and will do it again. You can find it near the ferry.

Took that little train ride last year when we couldn't find the carraige ride. We thought it was the best way to see St. Georges and worth every penny. We are going back again this year and will do it again. You can find it near the ferry.

Can you give details about this train ride, such as the cost, length, and where it goes to.

Would appreciate any info. Thanks

Archived