height requirement for rappelling wall

talia-co

I have a 4 and 6 year old. Height requirements for bungee, spider climb, rock wall & water slides were all 42", which both kids met. All three slides have areas that are pitch black and a little scary. My little guy was not interested in that. My 6 year old loved all of it!

Would anyone know if 42" is solo or if say my 3 year old idaughter s under if she can ride the slides in my lap?? I was able to take her on the NCL Star's slides (which look pale in comparison to NCL Epic's slides) but my daughter was 18 months at the time and had a ball on the slides sitting on my lap.

.....or quietly.....:D

You little rule breaker... there are people at the bottom who will see your exit, I wouldn't recommend cheating the system, plus it's PITCH BLACK which would likely make any kid scream. Best to send them to the kid center and enjoy yourself, IMHO.

Best to send them to the kid center and enjoy yourself, IMHO.

Wish I could send both kids to the Kid Center. 3.5 year old daughter can go but I recall minimum age 2 years for it on the NCL Star. My son will only 17 months at the time of our sailing on 9/11/10

Wish I could send both kids to the Kid Center. 3.5 year old daughter can go but I recall minimum age 2 years for it on the NCL Star. My son will only 17 months at the time of our sailing on 9/11/10

They do have baby sitting available. We have a 6 & 4 y.o. so I've BTDT cruising with little ones. Have as much fun as you can :-)

They do have baby sitting available. We have a 6 & 4 y.o. so I've BTDT cruising with little ones. Have as much fun as you can :-)

Does anyone have an idea what NCL and/or the NCL Epic charges for babysitting?? Any advance reservations needed?? Trained and screened babysitters I'd be leaving my kids with?? Would they just stay in the stateroom or would they roam around with the kids like to the Kids area?? I'd feel bad that my 3.5 year old daughter can attend the Kids Club during the day and not my son who is 17 months old. I wish they could make an exception for him as he is really good when with his sister. They copy each other all the time. One yells, then so does the other, and etc.

I also wonder why NCL didn't do the Aqua Runner wave thingy and zip-lining like on RCCL's Oasis/Allure of The Seas ships. I've never been on either of the Oasis/Allure but was wondering why this was not on the Epic, which is a newer delivery than the Oasis (but not the Allure).

Peace all.

RCL's Flow Rider (a/k/a wave thingy) was a blast. Great fun and the kids just loved it.

Butttttttt ... only two people at a time can use it. So, you spend quite a bit of time standing in line waiting for your 60-second shot. One the upside, however, it's really fun to watch everyone else and the crowd was great about cheering the kids on.

I think NCL may have a better idea adding more slides so more people can participate. I can understand why they skipped on the Flow-Rider.

Also, you have to be in pretty good shape to do the Flow-Rider. We rarely saw anyone on there who wasn't a kid or an athletic-looking adult. Anybody can sit on their butts and go down a slide! :-)

Archived