Does Carnival have the best kids program?

paulandfran

Do you think Carnival has the best kids program? If so, what do you like about it?

If not, what cruise line do you think does have the best program for kids?

Thanks,

Francie

I can't comment on other cruise lines, but I really do think that CCL has a great kids program. First, they are one of the few that take 2 yo. And, the kids do not have to be potty trained. They have a nice break down in ages: 2-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14 and 15-17.

My kids love it and always ask to go. That is the best praise possible in my opinion!

Camp Carnival is included in the fare.

My kids love it! They are now 2, 3, 7, 8. The 3 oldest have been on 4 (or 5?) cruises with Carnival, the youngest on 3. I love that Carnival starts it at age 2. Many other lines start it at age 3. I love that they can eat dinner with their friends and hubby and I can have a dinner to ourselves - or a family dinner. I had booked - then canceled - NCL and the kids ate dinner with you; you took them to camp after dinner. I just like having the option of a nice quiet dinner since we never get one at home. The kids beg to go to camp, even the youngest. They have so much fun there with the different activities. I cannot speak of other lines as I have not cruised other lines. Carnival's may or may not be the best, but they sure are up there.

Camp Carnival is included in the fare.

My kids love it! They are now 2, 3, 7, 8. The 3 oldest have been on 4 (or 5?) cruises with Carnival, the youngest on 3. I love that Carnival starts it at age 2. Many other lines start it at age 3. I love that they can eat dinner with their friends and hubby and I can have a dinner to ourselves - or a family dinner. I had booked - then canceled - NCL and the kids ate dinner with you; you took them to camp after dinner. I just like having the option of a nice quiet dinner since we never get one at home. The kids beg to go to camp, even the youngest. They have so much fun there with the different activities. I cannot speak of other lines as I have not cruised other lines. Carnival's may or may not be the best, but they sure are up there.

It's good to hear the kids beg to go. After our move we're thinking of flying my stepdaughter and her younger sister down to go on a cruise with us. I've never traveled with the little one so it's reassuring to know the program is good.

Thanks everyone for the info!

Francie

Disney probably has the BEST, but I suspect Carnival is in second place. Our opinion is that Camp Carnival is significantly better than NCL's kids' club, for sure. We haven't sailed Royal yet, so I can't compare there yet.

Our daughter's been on 2 Carnival cruises with us, and after some initial shyness was very excited about Camp Carnival both times.

Archived