Celebrity Solstice - tender question

CRUISERTN

Will be going on the Solstice next month and was wondering about tendering into ports such as Grand Cayman and is there a line for a tender ticket, etc. and do those on ship's tours get priority on the early tenders as opposed to those going ashore on their own. We are trying to schedule a private tour and trying to figure out a time for pick up for the tour. I know with some large ships it takes several hours to get everyone off and they always give priority to those who have ship's excursions booked. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

When we were on Solstice in May, tender ticket waits in Grand Cayman were highly unpredictable (rougher weather meant longer tender times). When we went down the 1st time our ticket number was called within 10 minutes. We then delayed our departure after knowing our tour was cancelled and so we went back to get tickets again about an hour later (can't use earlier ones - once you miss your number, you have to start over/get new tickets) and the 2nd time we waited almost an hour before our tender number was called.

So, if you do take an independent tour I personally would plan for the worst tender wait, get off early and wander around on shore if necessary until your tour time so as to avoid missing it.

I've also heard some say that you can make arrangements by special request if you are trying to get off by a specific time - that they will fit you into an earlier time slot; however, I didn't try this so maybe others can comment on this.

I was on the Solstice last week and we did not book a tour so we waited for general tendering to be called which wasn't until almost 12 noon. We should have gone down earlier and got a tender ticket so we could have gotten off earlier but I never imagined it would take so long.

On our cruise you could go down and get a tender ticket and wait for your number to be called. Those with ship tours took priority but they were also letting off many other people who had gotten the tender tickets.

Have a great trip!

We will be in Grand Cayman next year aboard the Eclipse. Anyone know if CC or Suites get priority for tenders? The "benefits" section says that you get early embarkation/debarkation but does that include ports of call?

Archived