September Weather Mexican Riviera - Carnival Splendor

cotton93

I've been reading on recent reviews for Mexican Riviera cruises that first day down and last day back to LA has been quite cool, could someone advise is this still the case for mid September ?

Thanks in advance :)

I was on a MR cruise in October and as it was this past May, cool on the 1st and last sea days. Once we got to the MR the weather was gorgeous, nice and warm.

I wouldn't pack anything heavy to wear unless your someone who gets cold easily. I'll always pack a light sweater for the MDR, deck at night or theater.

Enjoy your cruise...I LOVED the Splendor:)

I've been reading on recent reviews for Mexican Riviera cruises that first day down and last day back to LA has been quite cool, could someone advise is this still the case for mid September ?

Thanks in advance :)

Was on the Splendor Sept. 22 of last year. Your statement is correct.

When I went to the MR in 2008, it was hot. It was 98 in PV, but felt like 110, it was 87 in Cabo, but felt like 100. Here is link for normal daily temps in Cabo. Remember the temps get hotter as you go south.

http://www.bajainsider.com/weather/inside-weather_history.htm

Yes its warm in ports- but it is a chilly first and last sea day going down and coming back.

I sailed to Cabo on the Elation last September and I don't remember the first sea day being particularly cool. In fact, I was able to enjoy the pool and being out on deck. I think it may just really depend on what the weather is like when you sail (I thought sailing on the Paradise in May would be nice but MAN it was cold that first day!! BRR :()

I sailed to Cabo on the Elation last September and I don't remember the first sea day being particularly cool. In fact, I was able to enjoy the pool and being out on deck. I think it may just really depend on what the weather is like when you sail (I thought sailing on the Paradise in May would be nice but MAN it was cold that first day!! BRR :()

Did you sail on the Paradise for Mother's Day? That is when I was on her. She is a beautiful ship.

I went on the Splendor last September. The weather in Long Beach precruise and cruise day was nice, by cool to LA standards--for me it was shorts and tank tops--I'm from nortern climate. The first sea day was nice, but not hot, once again cool by LA standards. The day coming back was warm. I thought it was nice......

You could pack a light hoodie and wear capris and that will do just fine.....

I guess ti just depends on where you are coming from. I am inland where it is blazing hot. I have sailed the MR 7 times and it has been cold the first and last days everytime. I have sailed it all times of the year. I take warm clothing for those days.

I live in San Diego and the past couple of weeks we have had cooler weather than normal. Although today, it's definitely summer. In So. Cal. we have what we call May Gray and June Gloom ... usually we will have overcast mornings (cool) that burn off in the afternoon (warm) ... well, in June at least.

Come July and the rest of the summer we usually have moderate weather here ... high 70s to low 80s with just a couple of weeks where we hit into the 90s (late summer).

Mexico will be hotter than here by a good 10 to 15 degrees for sure (tho I know it can feel like more).

Come September, you should have nice warm weather on your journey down to MR with hotter days once there. I wouldn't worry about it being 'cold' (unless it's a fluke). But you can always ask us So. Cals. what the weather's like before you go!:D

Thanks guys for all the replies, could feel cool to us on the first and last days seeing we live in sunny Queensland, :) plus we will have just had two weeks cruising in the Caribbean.

Not to worry though we will have some warmer clothes with us as we will be heading up to Vancouver for a week after Splendor to visit DS, DDIL and grandaughter. Will just make sure l have a couple of long sleeve tops not buried in the suitcase we don't intend to unpack.

We may be booking Splendor again for October next year (depending on how we like it) for a family reunion with DD and her family from Australia and DS and his family from Vancouver and of course us the oldies !!!!! :D

Thanks again.

It's interesting John Heald talked about this on his blog today:D He says:

"I am reading every review I can about the Carnival Splendor because of course she will be my home from August until December and I have never cruised to these ports before. I see the temperatures on the first sea day and sometimes on the second are not the same as you would find cruising in the Caribbean. I think it’s important therefore that we pack these days with as much activities as possible so that despite the colder weather our guests have lots to do. And of course the retractable roof will be very useful."

I wish I could go back on the Splendor with him as the cruise director. Sounds fun!! You're very lucky you will be cruising with him!

It's interesting John Heald talked about this on his blog today:D He says:

"I am reading every review I can about the Carnival Splendor because of course she will be my home from August until December and I have never cruised to these ports before. I see the temperatures on the first sea day and sometimes on the second are not the same as you would find cruising in the Caribbean. I think it’s important therefore that we pack these days with as much activities as possible so that despite the colder weather our guests have lots to do. And of course the retractable roof will be very useful."

I wish I could go back on the Splendor with him as the cruise director. Sounds fun!! You're very lucky you will be cruising with him!

Thanks, will see what a few of the reviewers will have to say before we cruise.

Thanks, will see what a few of the reviewers will have to say before we cruise.

Hey ... I'll be one of them!:D I was very excited when John Heald announced he was coming to the Splendor the same time we were cruising. I'll be sure to 'tell all' in my review when I get back!

I am also quite excited to have John Heald as the CD on our very first cruise ever!! I cannot wait to see the Splendor and visit Mexico for the first time. As a native Californian and someone who has visited LA in every temperature possible, I would imagine a September sailing to be quite comfortable on the sea days. I would wear capris and bring a hoodie for the evenings. I am sailing in November and plan on wearing "convertible" pants that can be long or capri length, for sailaway.

Archived