Thinking of you

Hello Fashionistas and -istos, I haven't posted on this board for a while but I saw this picture and even though it is a wedding, I immediately thought of formal night on a cruise. If you follow the link the commentary is quite amusing. I hope you are all having a good summer, I'm booked on Equinox in Nov, so I'm getting excited about that.

129206182496990010.jpg?w=500&h=333

The site is part of the "Cheeseburger Network" they have funny funny pictures of all sorts of stuff like dogs, cats, and poorly dressed people, but this one is from their "Wedinator" site. Funny wedding pitctures, cakes, funny happinings at weddings. I think it is ok to link the site but if not I appologize to the moderators.

http://wedinator.com/

I've been busy around here. My son is starting high school next week, (modified year round schedule) and my daughter and I are preparing for our last dance competition, as the studio is in the opposite direction of the high school and we'll have to find something else in that direction to occupy our time.

This cruise this year will be just me and the hubby and we are looking forward to that.

Take care, I'm sure I'll be back to get some fashion suggestions before the next cruise.

Sounds like a busy and wonderful summer. Best of luck to you and your daughter in the dance competition. I hope you'll post some pix afterwards.

I'm sure your "two's company, four's a crowd" cruise will be fabulous. Look forward to hearing more about that later in the year.

I just got back from Paris yesterday, and was there during the huge bi-annual sale. Because of DH losing a couple of big clients I had to restrain myself :(, but I did find a few nice things, including a gorgeous linen jacket with unusual silhouette details such as asymmetrical neckline, tie closings that form an almost flower-like form on one side. It's unlined and is a soft buttery yellow that's perfect for summer with all my tan, olive and black linen bottoms. (you know I luvs my linens!)

Stocked up on some Petit Bateau tee's on sale too. :)

Fortunately/Unfortunately all the shoes I liked that were on sale were out of my size. ;)

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. One of my fave fun sites is Ihavecheezeburger.com where people post silly cat pix. Being the cat lover that I am, it always brightens my day to have some peeks.

Your shopping trip to Paris sounds divine! I have never been to Paris, but I'm sure I'll go one day. Closest I've been is French Riviera and Alsace.

I go to I Has a Hot Dog all the time, and I have a second dog now. She's actually my daughters dog, but heck I do more for her, so I guess she's my Grand-Dog. She's a little black mutt rescue dog. We thought she was a lab mix when she was a puppy, but now we don't know what she is because she looks like a lab, but is only a bout 35 lbs. We think she has Australian shepperd and maybe something small like a chihuahua mixed in there too that makes her a not so big dog. She's very sweet and gets along with our other dog great.

I'll post some pics when I get back from the dance competition. I guess I'll have to do it in the OT thread. I'm doing a Flamenco number in a dress I bought in Spain. It was one of those great shopping finds. I've been doing flamenco dancing for 5 years now, so when I was out shopping with my husband he spotted some great flamenco dresses hanging in a shop window. I'll be wearing it in the competition next. I'll start new thread and post a picture of the dress, as maybe others would find the story interesting. I'm also doing a Liza Minnelli medley and wearing a wonderful 1970's vintage evening pants suit and a black wig. With our groups I'l be doing a Mexican dance from the state of Nayarit and another Flamenco number in a different costume. Daughter is in the Nayarit Dance, Pom Pom and has a jazz and Folklorico solo. So much fun!

Your shopping trip to Paris sounds divine! I have never been to Paris, but I'm sure I'll go one day. Closest I've been is French Riviera and Alsace.

I go to I Has a Hot Dog all the time, and I have a second dog now. She's actually my daughters dog, but heck I do more for her, so I guess she's my Grand-Dog. She's a little black mutt rescue dog. We thought she was a lab mix when she was a puppy, but now we don't know what she is because she looks like a lab, but is only a bout 35 lbs. We think she has Australian shepperd and maybe something small like a chihuahua mixed in there too that makes her a not so big dog. She's very sweet and gets along with our other dog great.

I'll post some pics when I get back from the dance competition. I guess I'll have to do it in the OT thread. I'm doing a Flamenco number in a dress I bought in Spain. It was one of those great shopping finds. I've been doing flamenco dancing for 5 years now, so when I was out shopping with my husband he spotted some great flamenco dresses hanging in a shop window. I'll be wearing it in the competition next. I'll start new thread and post a picture of the dress, as maybe others would find the story interesting. I'm also doing a Liza Minnelli medley and wearing a wonderful 1970's vintage evening pants suit and a black wig. With our groups I'l be doing a Mexican dance from the state of Nayarit and another Flamenco number in a different costume. Daughter is in the Nayarit Dance, Pom Pom and has a jazz and Folklorico solo. So much fun!

Aww, the new pup sounds great.

Wow, you have enough dance numbers there??? Yikes!

The YSL retrospective show in Paris showed some fabulous outfits from the 70's.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/france/100309/yves-saint-laurent-paris-exhibition

Jane, it is coming up one one year since our trip to France. You brought back some fond memories.

As they say, "you'll always have Paris".

It never leaves you, and stays on to haunt until your next visit.

• 4 weeks later...
As they say, "you'll always have Paris".

It never leaves you, and stays on to haunt until your next visit.

That will be awhile I guess. My husband wants to go to Italy and then Switzerland/Germany/Austria the next big trips to Europe.

I am happy no matter where we go-there are always new things to see everywhere. My sister's family went to Virginia this summer, their second time 2 years in a roll. I would love to go with them next summer, as it has been 20 years since I was there, an dit woudl b enice to do something with family, besides Meg-if I can convince Tony to do a US trip.

Archived