Tortola Charters

lozzie

We did the trip with to Jost Van Dyke with Tortola Charters in February from the Norwegian Pearl and it was the best trip we did during our cruise bar none - Jost Van Dyke is absolutely beautiful and the ride over was very scenic going and coming - they picked us up right at the cruise pier and the captain even took us snorkeling - it was a great day

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,we are looking to do the trip to jost van dyke island this november, can you please tell me how much the trip cost,ther will be 6 in our party and how long does it take to get there and do you have plenty of hours on the beach,would we have to book with tortola tours before we sail.

We paid $55 per person last spring and that is what is listed on their website. We booked through Norwegian Pearl in 2009 to go to the Baths and Tortola Charters did the tour for the cruise ship, so when we came back to Tortola last spring we booked directly with them and went to Jost Van Dyke. It took us about 45 minutes to get there and the ride over was very scenic. The boat was a double deck catamaran and we had seats upstairs. We snorkeled for about an hour and then spent probably another 4 hours on the beach near the Soggy Dollar Bar (6 ½ hours total). On the way home the captain came downstairs to the boat’s bar and made everyone onboard endless “painkillers” at no charge. I think the trip was worth twice what we paid for it. Here’s a link from their website for the “Jost Van Dyke Tour”.

http://tortolacharters.com/excursions/jost-van-dyke-tours/

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the information,we have booked our trip to jost van dyke,cant wait ti go now.

Just booked ours too!! We originally booked the charter to the Baths but then changed our minds and decided to go to JVD. When I booked I also gave them the wrong date. I called and emailed Tortola Charters and they were more than kind (even while dealing with a scatter brain like me). We are looking forward to our trip to JVD!

Tried twice in the last week to contact Tortola Charters by email--no response. Anybody else have trouble getting hold of them?

I emailed them yesterday morning and was surprised that I had not heard back by this morning. Then I looked in my spam folder and found 2 responses from them, so check your spam folder if you have one.

Good luck,

Bobbie

Just as a follow-up, I emailed them again at info@tortolacharters.com and they got back to me right away and apologized for not receiving my first email. They had some issues with the submit inquiry form on their site so it's best to go through their direct email. Captain Bob answered all my questions and it looks like we're going to visit Jost Van Dyke. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have had great response from TC - we have decided to book the Baths tour with them. I have been to the Baths years ago however, my group has not and it is something worth seeing.

Hopefully the seas are not too bad the beginning of February

• 2 weeks later...
When you arrive in the bay to see the Baths on the boat, how far do you have to snorkel to get to the beach?

I have seen videos of high seas and plenty of waves. Is it usually calm or rough? Is there an easy option if the seas are rough?

Thanks

We were there in Feb. 07. The snorkel was not that long, not sure of the exact distance, but it also depends on your experience. There were some in our party that had a hard time getting to the beach, they needed help from the crew. Even though they had life vests provided by NCL. I found out that they had little to no experience in snorkeling. The water seemed pretty calm to me at that time. We went snorkeling at Molikini off of Maui and the water was so rough that people were puking on the boat.

It seems this is an all-day excursion ( 5 - 7 hours) and apparently there is rum involved.........:D

However, I don't see any reference to lunch?? Did you 'brown bag' it from the ship??? :eek:

Thanks for any & all responses from those who have been there / done that......;)

The Bars at Jost - Soggy Dollar Bar in particular do have a simple lunch menu. Here is the list from their website - I really don't remember the prices from when we were there, and they are not posted:

Chicken Roti with Mango Chutney

Conch Fritters

Crab Cakes with corn salad

Flying Fish (with or without cheese)

Jerk Chicken Breast (spicy or non-spicy)

Sirloin Burger (with or without cheese)

Grilled Cheese

Tuna Salad

Tuna Melt

Garden or Caesar Salad

Garden or Caesar Salad with Jerk Chicken

There are other Beach Huts there selling food as well. My avatar is Jost with Soggy Dollar in the background.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from our NCL Cruise and I wanted to recommend the Jost Van Dyke Tour with Tortola Charters. We took their double deck catamaran over to Jost and even though I have been there before I was still amazed at how gorgeous the beach is there. Bill took us snorkeling and the reef was great with lots of fish, a lion fish, a couple of puffer fish and a small turtle that swam with us. The Soggy Dollar Bar was better than I remembered with Mick the bartender. It was a perfect day at a perfect place and I’m already counting the days until next year. If you’re hitting Tortola on a cruise anytime soon, Jost Van Dyke is a must do with Captain Shane.

You'll be doing this tour with me when you get here -

Thanks -

We just got back from a tour of the baths with them and they were the best excursion we did on the whole trip. I do wish we had a little more time to explore the boulders, but we enjoyed the snorkeling from the boat the most. The water there is so clear! The crew was great and the boat was in good condition. They had float things if you want to use them for snorkeling. All of us had a great time, we highly reccomend Tortola Charters. Next time we visit Tortola we'll be doing the JVD trip of theirs.

Archived