Where will the Golden dock at? (Alaska)

Finally Going!

Going to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Victoria...does anyone have any specifics to share about which docks Princess will use in these ports? (Where there is more than one option.) I'm just trying to figure out where we will be able to walk to and what is close... Thanks:)

Going to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Victoria...does anyone have any specifics to share about which docks Princess will use in these ports? (Where there is more than one option.) I'm just trying to figure out where we will be able to walk to and what is close... Thanks:)

These links should help:

http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2008/BerthCodes.pdf

http://www.claalaska.com/schedules.html

I can guarantee that Princess will dock at the farthest(sp) dock there is in town. None of them were a bad walk, except Skagway, and they had golf carts to shuttle us to the end of the pier and back.

I can guarantee that Princess will dock at the farthest(sp) dock there is in town. None of them were a bad walk, except Skagway, and they had golf carts to shuttle us to the end of the pier and back.

Funny enough in Juneau the Zuiderdam was the furthest away, then the Golden, then Infinity, and finally Rotterdam (closest).

Here is a shot from our departure, with the Seven Seas Navigator taking the Rotterdam's place in port.

From Right to left (Bow of the Zuiderdam, Golden, Infitity, Navigator)

1383543164_IMG_1698(Large).jpg.3ef93c09e3ee16c14f7b4845f67ff5ac.jpg

In Ketchikan Princess tends to dock at the new #4 dock which is the furthest from the downtown area. In Juneau they use the Franklin Street docks which are right downtown. In Skagway the use the Railway dock which used to be way out of town but now the town has moved towards it. In Victoria all ships use the Ogden Point terminal which is a 15/20 min walk into town or there is a shuttle which costs $7 pp or just outside the terminal and to the left there is municipal transit which will run $2.50 (CDN) pp or $1.65 if over 65, a cab fare will run about $10 each way.

I already looked these up for our week:

Juneau - S. Franklin St. dock (which is far, but not the farthest!)

Skagway - RRA (Rail Road A, which I think is the furthest one)

Ketchikan - Dock #1

Thanks everyone!

Sherry--I should have known you would already know this info. ;)

LOL! Of course. I'm a bit obsessive about my planning. I've already looked up sunrise/sunset times for our week also. I'm still trying to piece together which menus are which night and it's probably too soon to figure out what movies will be showing, but I will be watching for that in the coming weeks also. :rolleyes:

One month now!

LOL! Of course. I'm a bit obsessive about my planning. I've already looked up sunrise/sunset times for our week also. I'm still trying to piece together which menus are which night and it's probably too soon to figure out what movies will be showing, but I will be watching for that in the coming weeks also. :rolleyes:

One month now!

LOL--I haven't gotten that far yet...of course you do have a head start since you've done this before. (would you mind posting that in our roll call?;)) DH and DD are ready to kill me I think--I can't stop thinking, planning, researching...but geez--they think everything just happens by itself. There is so much to do and see--I have to narrow it down somehow. :D

Did you? What time is sunset in Seattle?

Right now sunset in Seattle is around 9 PM, but of course that changes every day. It seems to be light out much later than that. It's easy enough to look up sunrise/sunset times for specific ports and days. Try http://www.sunrisesunset.com/usa/Alaska.asp to get times for any Alaskan cities on the days you will be there.

Archived